Now Boothe out

• 34 replies
Re: Now Boothe out
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 02:51:30 AM »
Now is the time for Roberts and Edmondson to earn their stripes!!!!!
the only stripes they'll get is on their underpants when they see the competition.

LOL touche!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »

We're obviously not going to do well however he is going to miss 3 games? This makes the season over?

I don't think we suck but if we do there are a lot of other teams around the country who suck too including about 6 others from our conference. We're not going to beat the powerhouses but we have a shot to finish close to the top of the bottom half of the conference.

Injuries will hurt that and we already had losses allotted to Miami and ND but PC is a game we could win but without Malik will be more uphill than on level playing field.

Also you are an aspiring journalist but with posts like these you don't carry yourself very professionally. Be weary of that.

Great minds think alike. Just prior to going online, I looked at my schedule to see who the next 3-4 opponents are.

I agree with your post 100% as I had the PC game as a win in my “forecast.”
I still think we can win, but as you said it’s going to be more of a battle for the guys.

I would be more concerned if our next three were SH, RU, and SFU.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:36:32 AM by redstormhoopsfan »

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
I think Paris has show major improvement, but he aint a point.

This what happen when you only got one point on yo team.

How Truck lookin now? 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:27:55 AM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2008, 11:29:11 AM »
the only stripes they'll get is on their underpants when they see the competition.

LOL.... You might be right. However, if they need to see this as their opportunity/make their case to get additional minutes for the rest of the season.

I know if it was me.... I would be fired up for this chance. Let's hope they will be too!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:29:32 AM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »
I agree Choz but right now I think he is the best option.  I don't think Ty is ready to play any significant minutes.  I don't think the results of the upcoming games will change much anyway.  Hopefully, we beat Providence but the other two games Boothe will miss, as well as the following three, we're gonna be losses anyway.

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 12:09:56 PM »

LOL.... You might be right. However, if they need to see this as their opportunity/make their case to get additional minutes for the rest of the season.

I know if it was me.... I would be fired up for this chance. Let's hope they will be too!

I agree Choz but right now I think he is the best option.  I don't think Ty is ready to play any significant minutes.  I don't think the results of the upcoming games will change much anyway.  Hopefully, we beat Providence but the other two games Boothe will miss, as well as the following three, we're gonna be losses anyway.

I dont think Ty is ready for major minutes either. However, I think he will get some minutes at the point to give Horne, Kennedy and Roberts some rest. All I was trying to say is that he should step up, hustle and play smart.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 12:10:59 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 01:24:26 PM »
I'd expect Q and Paris to log most of the minutes at the point.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »
You have to be careful for what you wish for

"I know it is not going to happened but I would prefer when JB comes back that we start Horne ,DJ , ROB , JB , Evans , we need as much fire power as possible coming out of the gate against non- cup cakes I would rather get 6 TO from Horne because at least he can penetrate & shoot better than Boothe at the PG spot"

:o >:(

Ty does not look too good but QR looks like a player
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
In the grand scheme of things, it was likely that this was the stretch where the team could lose a season-high seven to eight games in a row. Without Mason and the only viable pg (who has shot 6 for 20 and 11 turnovers against two high-major teams, while Rice and Delaney combined for 50 points and 17 assists), it makes it a near certainty.

Hopefully, Boothe recovers and this remains just a short-term injury.

http://kenpom.com/sked.php?team=St.%20John's&t=p

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 02:45:08 PM »
my guess is ty and roberts split the point minutes and norm brings back the geno slow down offense to keep the games close.

i'd be surprised if we scored higher than the 50s  with malik out.

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 04:53:39 PM »
Unreal.  This team and program just cannot catch a break.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »
I suppose that's true, but it would be nice if the program could make some breaks.  Or had contingency plans!

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »
Problem is lack of a true backup.  All teams suffer injuries.  And its only for a few games.  He's not gone for the year.  The only game that might be affected is Providence.  We would probably have lost the others anyway.

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »
I suppose that's true, but it would be nice if the program could make some breaks.  Or had contingency plans!

You can't do anything about injuries like this, but you are absolutely right about the contingency plan.  There is no true backup point guard and the coaches are at fault for that.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »

You can't do anything about injuries like this, but you are absolutely right about the contingency plan.  There is no true backup point guard and the coaches are at fault for that.

Couldn't have said it much better myself.