PARIS HORNE

• 15 replies

Tha Kid

PARIS HORNE
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:14:38 AM »
The thing with Evans is that with Malik, Rob, and DJ out, he was the only player that could create his own shot.  Paris can really only take what is set up for him.  Evans is at least fast enough to get by the opposing big man guarding him.  He also went to the line off a lot of offensive boards.  But you are right...4-13 is embarassing. 

Justin has a real nice release on his shot for a big.

Do you watch the games marillac? Paris Horne has consistenly driven a few times every game to create his own shot -- you somehow LOVE CJ but don't give Paris the credit he deserves.
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Hack-A-Evans
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:18:53 PM »
Do you watch the games marillac? Paris Horne has consistenly driven a few times every game to create his own shot -- you somehow LOVE CJ but don't give Paris the credit he deserves.

Right on the money, Paris took it to the hoop strong a few times. He's not afraid of contact.

And he certainly stayed in Vaughn's shorts for 50% of the game. From memory he only had about 5 points at the break. I think he finally wore him down, the guy is pretty quick!

And with CJ/DJ in the locker room, the leadership on the floor fell on his shoulders.

PARIS HORNE
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/25/seton-hall-downs-hoyas-for-1st-big-east-win-89-final-four-team-honored-at-half/#more-10877

Also earning weekly honors, Pittsburgh’s Sam Young was named BIG EAST Player of the Week, while USF’s Augustus Gilchrist was named Rookie of the Week.  Those joining Mitchell on the Weekly Honor Roll include: Jeff Adrien of Connecticut, Terrence Williams of Louisville, Paris Horne of St. John’s and Da’Sean Butler of West Virginia.

Re: PARIS HORNE
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 04:47:25 PM »
Congrats to Paris.
It’s great to see these guys get the recognition they deserve.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »
The thing with Evans is that with Malik, Rob, and DJ out, he was the only player that could create his own shot.  Paris can really only take what is set up for him.  Evans is at least fast enough to get by the opposing big man guarding him.  He also went to the line off a lot of offensive boards.  But you are right...4-13 is embarassing. 

Justin has a real nice release on his shot for a big.

The only times I see Paris drive are when guy recklessly closeout on his pump fake and he goes by them or when they go for a steal and miss and he takes it in. 

I RARELY see him drive by guys that are in a good defensive stance, and his handle is suspect IMO when he has to bounce the ball more than three to four times. 

I love his defensive intensity just like I loved Ced's.  The only difference is that Ced was crucified on both sites and Paris is a god for some reason.  If people went after Paris I would certainly defend him the same way I defend Ced.  I just think all this talk of Paris being All-conference good is just off. 

I think to the casual fan that sees Paris throw down a nice dunk or hit a couple of threes, he is amazing.  But guys that know basketball will telll you that he is not a player than can consitently create shots for himself or others.  DJ and Paris play very well together and DJ's dribble pentration sets up a lot of what Paris does. 

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
The three 20 point games are impressive. It definitely has to be a huge confidence booster for him personally. It's nice to see him be rewarded with his 3rd Honor Roll mention.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »
Maybe it's because as a sophomore in the big east he's shooting 15% higher than ced as a senior in a mediocre conference both from the floor and from 3.  Do you remember that as a sophomore Ced shot 12.5% from 3.  Paris isn't amazing but the level of upgrade he is over Ced is immeasurable.

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »
Maybe it's because as a sophomore in the big east he's shooting 15% higher than ced as a senior in a mediocre conference both from the floor and from 3.  Do you remember that as a sophomore Ced shot 12.5% from 3.  Paris isn't amazing but the level of upgrade he is over Ced is immeasurable.

Ced shot 37% last year from three with a ton of opportunities.  You are right that Paris is a better shooter as a soph than Ced was.  Ced was definately better on the defensive side and on the boards, though. 

If people would have praised Ced I would have kept it in check.  His game is certainly not without flaws, but he was the best defender in the conference as a sophomore IMO. 

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »

Ced shot 37% last year from three with a ton of opportunities.  You are right that Paris is a better shooter as a soph than Ced was.  Ced was definately better on the defensive side and on the boards, though. 

If people would have praised Ced I would have kept it in check.  His game is certainly not without flaws, but he was the best defender in the conference as a sophomore IMO.

First Paris is a better shooter now than Ced is a senior too.  I think it's been well established that last year was an anomaly for Ced, half court heaves not withstanding.  And a man can't live on bread or defense alone.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
Paris has been playing out of his mind and we need this if we are going to upset WVU

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:27:34 AM »
We are going to need Paris and DJ scoring 20 each and Burrell with at least 15 and 10 to beat WV. Congrats to Paris.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
We are going to need our point guard's pinky to get better in time for tip off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 09:36:37 AM by Poison »

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 08:23:34 AM »
Props.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 08:42:46 AM »
He really has been playing great.  Shooting very well and still playing tough defense.  We need him to help Quincy handling the ball a little more until Boothe gets back.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 11:48:03 PM »
Ced couldn't even hit the backboard.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »
We are going to need our point guard's pinky to get better in time for tip off.

Thumb, and agreed.