St. John's vs Louisville Predictions

• 9 replies
St. John's vs Louisville Predictions
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »
Do we have any shot at winning?

Post your scores here
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:57:41 PM by Dave »

sjd8886

Re: Does Saint John's have a remote chance to beat Louisville?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 12:09:28 PM »
i guess mathematically theres always a shot...in reality, probably about a 15 point loss...id love to be proved wrong though

Re: St. John's vs Louisville Predictions
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
 i would have to agree with you

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
i voted yes thinking that it meant we have a chance not that we would cause i think we will lose. a win would be nice for my first visit to a game this year though
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »
We'll lose 96-59. :o

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
Johnnies 68........Cards 63.......

kob24

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 05:11:11 AM »
I usally take off work to see every home game. But not today I think it gets  ugly. Between the pressing the big 4 bigs and the guards wow. And I'm not even including Williams. Justin is gonna get abused. He has to go against Jamaica cali and goode. Then throw in a few moments against earl and terrance whoa welcome to the jungle. And the guards have their hands full today.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 10:23:12 AM »
Cards 83 STJ 70

kob24

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »
I said it he was gonna get abused

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 08:16:04 PM »
I said it he was gonna get abused

I don't think he got abused.  Justin looks like he thinks a bit too much when making his offensive moves.  He needs to play more instinctively.  When a teammate is driving, Justin needs to go toward the basket for the dump off.  He stands still and is out of position if the man passes the ball to him.  The dunk that hit the rim would have been spectacular if he had taken off 6 inches closer to the basket.  Again, he wasn't moving toward the basket when he got the pass.  That's why he was too far away when he took off.  Another time, DJ was driving against a defender and Justin was near the baseline. He could have gotten the pass for a dunk but he didn't move until after he got the pass.  The defender was able to get back and keep him from scoring.  I thought JB worked hard to create shots. 

Louisville players were very tough defensively down low.  They got up so quickly to block shots when it looked like we'd have an uncontested layup.  We played them tough on the defensive end.  This is the game plan that we should have employed against Seton Hall.