St. John's Season Tickets for Students are the 4th most costly in Big East

• 4 replies
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=9859491&nav=menu682_5_6

Interesting to see just how much student tickets are compared to programs that have actually WON.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Re: St. John's Season Tickets for Students are the 4th most costly in Big East
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
Oh man.
Dont nobody at St. John know how'd to do anytin right?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 05:19:02 PM »
And that's down from last year! It was 120 last year!  Gotta love the ACC - almost all of the schools offer it free for the kids.  Should be that way EVERYWHERE.  Hell just add it into tuition if you really care - I'm sure some schools do - figure 1000 student fans x 99 = 99,000 dollars divided by 20,000 students = 5 dollars roughly.  So they could raise tuition for EVERy student by 5 bucks and offer tix free and make just as much money - but seem a lot better and have a lot more school spirit that way!  And I'm assuming 1000 students attend which is NOWHERE near what the real # is now.

Some people just don't know how to run a good business or put out a good product.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
The problem with adding it into the tuition is that all students would then pay---whether they attend games or not.  It may increase student attendance but it seems unfair to those students who can't or don't want to attend games.

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »
The problem with adding it into the tuition is that all students would then pay---whether they attend games or not.  It may increase student attendance but it seems unfair to those students who can't or don't want to attend games.

I see your point but

1) we're talking $5
2) It's part of the "student experience."  They already pay for "free" activities and giveaways at the student center and whatnot through tuition, why not throw bball tix in?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:43:48 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"