Duke said it...

• 25 replies

Poison

Re: Duke said it...
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 10:09:18 AM »
I pulled this off a Duke website....

At game and I've never seen such a weak crowd. Honestly the most noise was the T-shirt toss.

Looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way. You can argue we have nothing to cheer about but I think thats bullshit. Why are you at the game if you don't want to root your team on? Our fans are weak! I've been to church services louder than most St. John's game and I'm not baptist!

If there was something to cheer about, believe me it would be loud.  Were you at any games during the Artest era?  The place was ROCKING.  Even during the Hatten era, it was insane. 

I remember walking in late from my intersnhip to the Miami game and the place was INSANE.  Sold out Carnasecca and it was literally shaking. 

I also remember a Uconn game at the Garden where it was actually 70-30 STJ fans in a packed arena.  I thought the place was going to fall down there was so much vibaration.  There were back and forth wars between STJ and Uconn fans.  It was awesome.

This team sucks right now.  There is just no hope.  No NCAA, no NIT.  Most fans don't want to cheer because they want Norm gone. Why show support to this clown?

Insane during the Hatten era? Dude, we were done in the eyes of Ny by then. For Duke and Uconn tix were sold, but not to us.

It was insane during the Sealy era. and it ended there.

You are just wrong.

So it didn't end after Sealy? You need to stop self-medicating.
Even with Hatten we were irrelevant.

You think Malik Sealy would lose by 20 at MSG to a MAAC team?
He would be in the locker room playing Nintendo at half time.

Against Nova, Hatten's senior year, I bought tickets outside off a thug for 10 bucks a pop. Face was over over 30. Sat 10 rows back. Place was empty. Try that when Sealy played here. Good luck.

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 11:43:56 AM »
when was the last game the students were allowed to stand for the entire game? and does know if any students are bringing this to the st johns admins and trying to do anything about it? right now it just seems like alot of st johns fans/students are just sitting there and taking it. if the students stood together and stayed together then guess what they would stand the entire game. could you image the PR if MSG secruity had to drag students out because they were standing at a college game? YEA A COLLEGE game. and all these people who want norm out, theres enough of them on these message boards that if they just planned a certain time to chant fire norm it would get a point across. i am not sure what date Norm was hired but how about if it was April(4) 15. Then maybe at the end of each half when 4:15 is left how about starting a fire norm chant. if we want change we need be organize. which i dont think we are right now

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:18 PM »
when was the last game the students were allowed to stand for the entire game? and does know if any students are bringing this to the st johns admins and trying to do anything about it? right now it just seems like alot of st johns fans/students are just sitting there and taking it. if the students stood together and stayed together then guess what they would stand the entire game. could you image the PR if MSG secruity had to drag students out because they were standing at a college game? YEA A COLLEGE game. and all these people who want norm out, theres enough of them on these message boards that if they just planned a certain time to chant fire norm it would get a point across. i am not sure what date Norm was hired but how about if it was April(4) 15. Then maybe at the end of each half when 4:15 is left how about starting a fire norm chant. if we want change we need be organize. which i dont think we are right now

It's just a lost cause now.  I spoke with Monasch and the assistant AD (the name is escaping me right now) about it, and they basically said that the people behind the students cant see the game, that they paid and want to be able to watch the game.  I suggested that he just buy out an entire section or 2 for the students only, and he said basically every seat there is a student seat, but the students just sell the tickets.  I don't buy that..I know students sell their tickets, but theres no way that 500-600 students sell their tickets.  Seton hall plays at the prudential center, villanova plays at wachovia, georgetown sometimes plays at the verizon center...why is it that we're the only team that plays at a professional arena but cant figure out how to get a student section?

Also, in terms of just refusing to sit down...we've done that, and we do get kicked out...I was kicked out of the ND game along with probably 7 other people, my friend was kicked out of the UCONN game during halftime for sitting in an EMPTY seat in the BACK of the section, then I got kicked out of the rutgers game 2 minutes in for sitting in the wrong seat, along with everyone else, but I was the only one whom they asked for a ticket stub.  If you say anything to them, they kick you out.  No questions asked.  I've complained to Monasch and the garden, and I have the names of all the ushers that are rude to us, and nothing ever comes of it. Thats why we all sat up in the 300s for the Duke game.  Thats why none of the students, including myself, go to the Garden anymore.  It's gotten to the point where it's just simply not worth the hassle

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
I pulled this off a Duke website....

At game and I've never seen such a weak crowd. Honestly the most noise was the T-shirt toss.

Looks like I'm not the only one who feels this way. You can argue we have nothing to cheer about but I think thats bullshit. Why are you at the game if you don't want to root your team on? Our fans are weak! I've been to church services louder than most St. John's game and I'm not baptist!

If there was something to cheer about, believe me it would be loud.  Were you at any games during the Artest era?  The place was ROCKING.  Even during the Hatten era, it was insane. 

I remember walking in late from my intersnhip to the Miami game and the place was INSANE.  Sold out Carnasecca and it was literally shaking. 

I also remember a Uconn game at the Garden where it was actually 70-30 STJ fans in a packed arena.  I thought the place was going to fall down there was so much vibaration.  There were back and forth wars between STJ and Uconn fans.  It was awesome.

This team sucks right now.  There is just no hope.  No NCAA, no NIT.  Most fans don't want to cheer because they want Norm gone. Why show support to this clown?

Insane during the Hatten era? Dude, we were done in the eyes of Ny by then. For Duke and Uconn tix were sold, but not to us.

It was insane during the Sealy era. and it ended there.

You are just wrong.

So it didn't end after Sealy? You need to stop self-medicating.
Even with Hatten we were irrelevant.

You think Malik Sealy would lose by 20 at MSG to a MAAC team?
He would be in the locker room playing Nintendo at half time.

Against Nova, Hatten's senior year, I bought tickets outside off a thug for 10 bucks a pop. Face was over over 30. Sat 10 rows back. Place was empty. Try that when Sealy played here. Good luck.

I can't speak for the Nova game, but there were plenty of games in the Hatten era that were full. 

Also, did you forget about the artest years?

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »

It's just a lost cause now.  I spoke with Monasch and the assistant AD (the name is escaping me right now) about it, and they basically said that the people behind the students cant see the game, that they paid and want to be able to watch the game.  I suggested that he just buy out an entire section or 2 for the students only, and he said basically every seat there is a student seat, but the students just sell the tickets.  I don't buy that..I know students sell their tickets, but theres no way that 500-600 students sell their tickets.  Seton hall plays at the prudential center, villanova plays at wachovia, georgetown sometimes plays at the verizon center...why is it that we're the only team that plays at a professional arena but cant figure out how to get a student section?

Also, in terms of just refusing to sit down...we've done that, and we do get kicked out...I was kicked out of the ND game along with probably 7 other people, my friend was kicked out of the UCONN game during halftime for sitting in an EMPTY seat in the BACK of the section, then I got kicked out of the rutgers game 2 minutes in for sitting in the wrong seat, along with everyone else, but I was the only one whom they asked for a ticket stub.  If you say anything to them, they kick you out.  No questions asked.  I've complained to Monasch and the garden, and I have the names of all the ushers that are rude to us, and nothing ever comes of it. Thats why we all sat up in the 300s for the Duke game.  Thats why none of the students, including myself, go to the Garden anymore.  It's gotten to the point where it's just simply not worth the hassle
I thought I spotted you up there.
It's ridiculous that you have to sit in the 300 seats in order to bear any resemblence to a normal student section.

Monasch needs to work on two ticket-related issues:
1) Protecting his home court-the first few rows of MSG shouldn't be packed with the opposition's fans routinely. He sits amidst the only truly STJ protected section in the arena with his sidekick. Dennis Myron needs to negotiate harder on St. John's behalf.

2) Even if it's small, design at least one true student section for the MSG games. I'm so sick of hearing about some out of shape ushers playing tough guys with college kids. As you mentioned, other Catholic programs have to use pro arenas. Don't be afraid to ask their advice.

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
this is so sad i was happy when the game started and saw students standing then next view and they were allready sitting i hate this