Lance is coming...?

• 45 replies
Re: Lance is coming...?
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »
Q would start for Penn St. they lose a lot of fire power this year & Battle will be in the draft next year. Q I hope you don't read this board, we need you brother :)

Battle is very good, but I don't think he'll be an NBA player.  Also, who wants to play at Penn State! :)

Battle reminds me of Ramon Sessions  of the Bucks, I didn't think he was NBA bound either but he is tearing up the NBA. I can see Battle getting scoop up in the 2nd round just like Sessions. And who wouldn't want to play for Penn St. they are a bubble team. So the question for QR would be starting job on a bubble team? Or a bench warmer on a Big East bottom feeder? it seems like an easy answer to me.

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »
A couple of you mentioned giving Mase Jr. an academic scholarship for next year. Some of you think it can work... some of you don't because he will be in grad school.

Couldn't a solution for this be to give an academic scholarship to one of our undergrad players who has a high GPA?

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
A couple of you mentioned giving Mase Jr. an academic scholarship for next year. Some of you think it can work... some of you don't because he will be in grad school.

Couldn't a solution for this be to give an academic scholarship to one of our undergrad players who has a high GPA?

Since when can the atheltic department start handing out acadmemic scholarships that good to superior students...

Imagine if they English Department called up Norm and said we are one scholarship short for a kid with think is brilliant writer, we are taking one of the basketball scholarships to make sure he gets his money....

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »

Since when can the atheltic department start handing out acadmemic scholarships that good to superior students...

Imagine if they English Department called up Norm and said we are one scholarship short for a kid with think is brilliant writer, we are taking one of the basketball scholarships to make sure he gets his money....

Yours truly got an academic scholie for my 80 HS grade average and 1050 SAT's. The fact that I was going to play baseball for my school but that the coach didn't want to waste a scholie on me had nothing whatsoever to do with my scolarship however!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:43:58 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »

(1) Correct me if I am wrong... but I am sure there are more academic scholarships to pass around than athletic
(2) Hasn't everyone been saying Omari is a brilliant writer?  ;)

Tha Kid

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »

When duke brought in 6 or ? One year (the jj shelden class) they were one scholarship short. So lee melchioni walked on. Funny enough lee's sister was already attending duke and was awarded an academic schollie when lee arrived. When sis graduated, duke found a schollie for bball for lee. What a coincidence, huh?
"I drink and I know things"