Hurley on St. John's, RU, and SHU

• 5 replies

sjd8886

Re: Hurley on St. John's, RU, and SHU
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
one recruit can turn it around...well bob, i certainly hope you are right

ps...can we just hire him as our coach? guy has like a 99.999999999999999999999999999 winning percentage in hs, couldnt be worse than trying our luck with another norm

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:15:56 PM »
They asked about the SHU, RU , SJU & he singles out St.Johns and says some kids just want to leave new york to go to NJ. What a hater, did we do him wrong?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:02:22 PM »
Bob and Danny Hurley have (deliberately?) shut us out completely...I guess because of Elijah Ingram.  None of their kids ever even mentions us.  The only exceptions are Collier and Pankey, two NYC kids who recently transferred to St Ben's.  Hopefully, they will continue to list us as a possible destination.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:42:10 PM »
Bob and Danny Hurley have (deliberately?) shut us out completely...I guess because of Elijah Ingram.  None of their kids ever even mentions us.  The only exceptions are Collier and Pankey, two NYC kids who recently transferred to St Ben's.  Hopefully, they will continue to list us as a possible destination.
Add Mo Hicks of Rice to that list. We've barely gotten a legitimate sniff since Norm made his staff.

It's going to be difficult when a very regional recruiter can't get kids from the three most consistent programs in his area .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 05:46:04 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 06:14:24 PM »
Regarding Hurley: Don't forget Roshawn McCleod went from St A's to SJU, I believe under Mahoney. Mahoney never could find minutes for him but somehow when he transferred to Duke Coach K could find minutes. And, then he got some light in the NBA. Regarding Elijiah, you're right he didn't want EI to go to Jarvis but EI loved the thought of going to SJU and play for Jarvis. EI took a bad rap for the Pittsburgh sex club thing but at least his cellphone saved everyone from rape charges.

Regarding Hicks: Kyle Cuffe was the last Rice grad and I recall Edgar Sosa having mad hate for SJU because the Jarvi snubbed him when they were there to scout someone else or Jarvi Junior ate the last Big Mac value meal.