SIENA

• 11 replies
SIENA
« on: March 21, 2009, 12:58:11 AM »
What a FCkin game! Holy sht, great win for the MAAC, beating Ohio St in basically a home game. Baldi is goin nuts!

Marillac

Re: SIENA
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »
Awesome game.  Moore hit some huge shots. Very, VERY clear that Siena was the better coached team.  And Thad Madda is no slouch.

Can we get Fran here please!

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 12:36:46 PM »
Sienna aint no joke.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
siena's guard play was incredible..good game

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 02:02:12 PM »

I love how they push the ball after a made basket.  All game long they were playing 5-4 or better.  I can't believe more coaches don't do this. 

And unlike Norm just shouting for his players to go faster, Siena actually has the infrastructure.  Everyone knows where to be and where to get to. Secondary transition can be deadly.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 02:20:12 PM »
siena shot absolutely terrible and still beat ohio state in ohio, they came up huge in every big spot.
has anyone seen the anosike kid they got comming in next year? his sister played at Tennessee 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 04:00:26 PM »
siena shot absolutely terrible and still beat ohio state in ohio, they came up huge in every big spot.
has anyone seen the anosike kid they got comming in next year? his sister played at Tennessee

he's going to be a very good player.  he needs to add a mid-range jump shot (it's not bad in the corner) and add weight.  if he does that he'll be a very good player for you guys. 

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 04:51:57 PM »

I love how they push the ball after a made basket.  All game long they were playing 5-4 or better.  I can't believe more coaches don't do this. 

And unlike Norm just shouting for his players to go faster, Siena actually has the infrastructure.  Everyone knows where to be and where to get to. Secondary transition can be deadly.
No offense to Norm, but it's the difference between hiring a guy who's reputation is that of "a recruiter" versus a legitimate basketball coach that can run a full clinic. If you're astute and fortunate as an AD, you try to hire the guy that can do both (Calhoun, Krzyzewski, Pitino) or that will bring in proven assistants to fill in his weaknesses.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 08:38:56 PM »

he's going to be a very good player.  he needs to add a mid-range jump shot (it's not bad in the corner) and add weight.  if he does that he'll be a very good player for you guys.

am a big siena fan but trust me im no where near as big a siena fan as i am a st johns fan but its weird because it used to be a siena fan would root for st johns come march madness now its st johns fans who root for siena during march madness...sad
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 01:07:51 PM »

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »
Great game by Siena. IMO, today they would have beaten any other team but Louisville

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
Graduated from SUNY Albany in 91 and gotta a chance to see them play alot and have been a fan ever since. One of the best college basketball games i ever saw was Pitt vs Siena in the late 80' early 90's. They always field a competive team. Nice job Siena!