What about our other revenge game

• 4 replies
What about our other revenge game
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »
I am glad to see we are facing Hofstra again after we got constantly embarrased by them a couple of years ago but what about Manhattan. I am still not over them embarassing us in the seasons of 2001-2002 and 2002-2003. We have not had closure on that team and we forgot about it. I say sacrifice the NJIT like team game and give Manhattan a chance and once we beat them we can return to playing Fresh Meadows Pre School as our games in November which serves no purpose in preparing us for games against Louisville and Marquette but as long as we beat Fresh Meadows Pre School and Hollis PAL in late November, early December, we shall earn our way into the prestigous CBI tournament where we can play the likes of the almighty medicore teams of the A10 and lose to them (This post was written with part sacrasm and part Metaphor, Backinny knows that there is no way we could play Fresh Meadows Pre School but playing NJIT is a metaphor for Fresh Meadows Pre School but now that I think about it, 4 year olds can beat NJIT who has only 1 win in its three year history)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: What about our other revenge game
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
I'd like to see them play Manhattan as well.  Either them or Iona.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:45:51 AM »
Revenge games against Hofstra & Manhattan..?

They used to be consistent cupcakes on the schedule. It just goes to show even further how far this program has fallen, its sad.

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:46:54 AM »
Revenge games against Hofstra & Manhattan..?

They used to be consistent cupcakes on the schedule. It just goes to show even further how far this program has fallen, its sad.

Agreed.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 11:42:52 AM »
Manhattan was no joke. That same group of kids waxed eventual back to back national champ Florida in the dance.
The first time the Jaspers beat us with Flores, they beat a pretty good SJU team that eventually went on to knock off Wake Forest, Uconn, Miami, GTown and Nova. Give them credit. Revenge wouldn't really be the case.

They might have "upset" us that year, but they were clearly a better team. And they were better than plenty of other good teams, too.