Which Big East team advances to the Final?

• 4 replies
Which Big East team advances to the Final?
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »
Normally I would think UConn, but Michigan St is playing a home game. Carolina, might be too big for Nova. Of course, I will be rooting for both but Im gonna have to say both get taken out, neither advance.

boo3

Re: Which Big East team advances to the Final?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »
  I'll be rooting for Nova  but i don't think they get it done.  I'll  be rooting against UCONN,  but i think they are too strong for MSU.  UNC   wins it all  and Lawson gets MVP. 

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:59:19 PM »
boo3, I agree with your assessment.  My only difficulty with rooting for Nova is that if the beat UNC, I think Uconn is a lock to win it all.  I feel that I have to root for UNC because they are the only team strong enough to beat Uconn.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:40 AM »
Normally I would think UConn, but Michigan St is playing a home game. Carolina, might be too big for Nova. Of course, I will be rooting for both but Im gonna have to say both get taken out, neither advance.

Looks like Baldi was right on target.........AGAIN

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 01:47:59 PM »
The mighty Big East doesn't get a team into the championship.  I really think Uconn got ridiculously lucky with their path to the Final Four.  I remember looking at the bracket and trying to pick them to lose, but I just couldn't.  There was NOTHING there. Meanwhile, the east was loaded with UNC, OU, Arizona State, Syracuse, etc.  All of which I would have had beating Uconn.

At least we can stop hearing the ridiculous assertions that the Big East was better this year than in 85.