30 - DaJuan Summers - Georgetown
33 - Dante Cunningham - Villanova
35 - Jeff Adrien - UConn
40 - AJ Price - UConn
50 - Jerel McNeal - Marquette
59 - Wesley Matthews - Marquette

Re: Big East draft selections
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:24:44 PM »
Very interesting with Monroe being within the lotto I think he should bounce while the money is there or does he roll the dice and try and be a top 3 pick next year??? Is he that good?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:37:10 PM »
Very interesting with Monroe being within the lotto I think he should bounce while the money is there or does he roll the dice and try and be a top 3 pick next year??? Is he that good?

Any other player with his talent and I'd say come back to school, but he's so unmotivated that he'll just put up the same numbers next year and not move up the board.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:09:01 AM »

He needs to take that money and run. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 02:58:38 PM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AiNn5lpvoHb.rgwBXBapU0zevbYF?slug=jn-coldraft041509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Right Stuff?

[some Big East related notes from this article below.  Check out the succinct note on Devendorf]

Jonny Flynn
Sophomore G Syracuse
6-0, 185
Scout’s comment: “He really helped himself late. He fought his way into the first round, which is great, because earlier in the year a lot of teams had doubts about him. Is he big enough? Can he shoot it? Is he a facilitator? There were a lot of question marks. By the end of the year he had answered all of those questions. I think it’d be a little reckless of him to sign with an agent, but who knows? Maybe he got some good feedback from someone.”

Another scout: “I think he’s terrific. I’ve loved him since I saw him at the Nike Hoops Summit a couple of years ago and then at the Reebok Roundball Classic, when he was D-ing up O.J. Mayo. He’s tough as hell.”

Greg Monroe
Freshman C Georgetown
6-11, 250
Scout’s comment: “He’s a talented kid, and he didn’t have a bad year, by any means. But it was probably smart for him to go back and develop. You put Greg Monroe on a decent NBA team right now and he’ll hardly get on the floor. But if he goes back to school and gets all those reps in and playing in big games … it’ll help so much. Look at the difference between [Cole] Aldrich between his freshman and sophomore year. That’s when those bigs really start to pop. Hopefully the same thing will happen with Monroe.”

DeJuan Blair
Sophomore F Pittsburgh
6-7, 265
Scout’s comment: “He didn’t finish real strong and his team didn’t, either. He’s tricky, though, because earlier in the year he was really amazing. The knock on him is going to be his size and his body. He’s only 6-foot-7 – but he’s super-long, which helps make up for some of that. His body and his weight will always be an issue. Some mock drafts have him fairly high, but I don’t know if I’m buying that, but he’s probably a first-rounder. I wouldn’t read into too many mock drafts just yet. It’s an odd year, and a lot of guys are going to come out, more than normal. You hear some names and you think, ‘Whoa!’ It’s just too early to tell right now.”

Eric Devendorf
Junior G Syracuse
6-4, 180
Scout’s comment: “I have no idea why he came out. I have no thoughts on Eric Devendorf. He’s not someone we even discuss.”

DaJuan Summers
Junior F Georgetown
6-8, 236
Scout’s comment: “He had such a bad year, but he could surprise some people in his workouts. He’s a very talented guy. His size, strength, shooting ability … you get him into that workout scenario and he could surprise some people. Right now he’s flying under the radar, but the kid is really pretty good. I still think he jumped the gun, though. He could’ve improved his stock by coming back.”

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »

Wasnt Hibbert projected to be a top 5 pick his soph or junior years? He stayed around and dropped to the 17th pick. Monroe should leave now, im not sure JT3's system or lackthereof is good for him

boo3

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »
  I love the scouts take on Devendorf.   classic

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »

Wasnt Hibbert projected to be a top 5 pick his soph or junior years? He stayed around and dropped to the 17th pick. Monroe should leave now, im not sure JT3's system or lackthereof is good for him

A flawed game as a freshman is excusable and can easily hidden by potential.  A flawed game as a junior or senior cannot be hidden and it gives the scouts more film and exposure to pinpoint those faults. 

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »
Scotty Reynolds puts his name in the draft, but doesnt sign with agent yet. IMO this kid will never make it in the NBA, he needs to stay

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »
speaking of coming out early...just saw this and laughed

http://media.www.mainecampus.com/media/storage/paper322/news/2009/04/09/MaineSports/To.Nba.Or.Not.To.Nba-3704055.shtml

"I'll simply share what I believe to be the three worst decisions of all time:

3. Korleone Young - Okay, let me guess what you're thinking: "Umm...Who?" Yeah, that was my reaction too. Young was drafted 40th overall in 1998. All you need to know is that Young's own high school basketball coach called his declaration for the draft "a total surprise." It's not so hard to believe that he only played in three NBA games before being shipped overseas.

2. Kwame Brown - Brown's name is much more recognizable to basketball fans because he has had a little more success than Young. The reason he cracks the list ahead of Young is because he was taken with the first overall pick in 2001. Brown has played for four different teams since then and averaged a whopping seven points per game. College degree, anyone?

1. Omar Cook - Unlike the other two, Cook actually went to college. He attended St. John's University for one year and ranked first in the Big East and second in the nation in assists in 2000. Success at that level should automatically translate to the next level, right? Wrong. Cook played in a total of 22 NBA games for two different teams. He has since been a virtual nomad in the basketball world and will likely never step on an NBA floor again."