Gary DeCesare

• 17 replies
Gary DeCesare
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
He and a couple of other assistants have resigned at DePaul. Does he have his hooks in with local AAU kids? Supposedly hes been out and about looking for a job locally, maybe he takes Kimani Youngs spot?

Re: Gary DeCesare
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »
he's a great guy.  i think he's looking to go back into HS.

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
I don't think he ever did St. John's any favors, so people with good memories at SJU would probably be more than content to let him look elsewhere for employment.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:57:39 AM »
If he still has alot of cache in NYC but no relationship with St Johns, this would be the opportunity to turn lemons into lemonaid and bring into the St Johns system.

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:46 AM »
I don't think he ever did St. John's any favors, so people with good memories at SJU would probably be more than content to let him look elsewhere for employment.

Norm Roberts should get rid of Braccia and hire him...   it would be a home run..

Class of 2013 is right though, he would love to get back into the CHSAA if he could.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:46:44 AM »
Home run??  That's a bad word combination 'round these parts.

Interesting what's happening at DePaul - not sure if it's Jerry Wainwright's doing (unlikely) or the administration's doing, which would be pretty proactive of them.  Or it might be those assistants actually walking away from their posts on that sinking ship.

Supposedly one position will be taken by Tracy Webster, former Illinois and Kentucky assistant who recruits Chicago well.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
i would go after mo hicks. but they dont have the money for him. sad sad sad

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »

Supposedly one position will be taken by Tracy Webster, former Illinois and Kentucky assistant who recruits Chicago well.
Webster has been a major Chicago recruiter this decade.
i would go after mo hicks. but they dont have the money for him. sad sad sad
Norm has not gotten one kid from Rice or the Gauchos since Harrington hired him. The Gauchos won the King James this weekend over a loaded All Ohio Red team. Doron, Shane Southwell, sophomore PG Derrick Wilson and athletic freak Jason Morris all helped NYG overcome a serious height disadvantage.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
One thing about Webster's rep, though - didn't he move on when people wanted Bruce Weber gone for not recruiting Chicago well?  Or did he help with the incoming class that actually has top-line Chicago talent?

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:14 PM »
i bet lance stephenson's father would be available.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »

Norm Roberts should get rid of Braccia and hire him...   it would be a home run..

Class of 2013 is right though, he would love to get back into the CHSAA if he could.

Why Braccia?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 01:17:50 PM »

Why Braccia?

Because he's useless. 

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »

Why Braccia?

Because he's useless.

exactly...   

and so is Casey...

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

Why Braccia?

Because he's useless.

exactly...   

and so is Casey...

same with Quartlebaum

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

Why Braccia?

Because he's useless.

exactly...   

and so is Casey...

Actually Casey is the best x's and o's man on the staff.  He's just too far down to get any respect. 

I agree with you about Q.  His only value is as a recruiter/PR man and he has not been carrying his weight there at all.  His development of our big men has been nothing short of joke. 

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 01:30:31 PM »

I agree with you about Q.  His only value is as a recruiter/PR man and he has not been carrying his weight there at all.  His development of our big men has been nothing short of joke.

He has certainly done a good job with Sean Evans...

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »

I chose Sean Evans to be the most improved player on the team before the season started, but it was not because of skill development or coaching. 

I just think that the kid has great size and superior strength and agression.  It always takes the two-sport athletes a little while to adjust to being great at one sport. 

Sean is still ridiculously raw.  He has no back to the basket game, he can't shoot worth a darn, but he rebounds his arse off and is a physical freak.  If he was killing teams with hook shots with either hand, scoring with his back to the basket on up-and-unders or other post moves, I'd say coaching.  But he's not. 

boo3

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2009, 01:43:01 PM »

I chose Sean Evans to be the most improved player on the team before the season started, but it was not because of skill development or coaching. 

I just think that the kid has great size and superior strength and agression.  It always takes the two-sport athletes a little while to adjust to being great at one sport. 

Sean is still ridiculously raw.  He has no back to the basket game, he can't shoot worth a darn, but he rebounds his arse off and is a physical freak.  If he was killing teams with hook shots with either hand, scoring with his back to the basket on up-and-unders or other post moves, I'd say coaching.  But he's not.

you mean to tell me the "bulldozer" move is not a result of great coaching? ;D