Calipari telling fibs?

• 17 replies
Calipari telling fibs?
« on: April 28, 2009, 03:49:49 PM »
Didnt Calipari say after taking the Kentucky job that he wanted all his recruits and current players to stay with Memphis? Than he went and took the recruits?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Calipari telling fibs?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 04:01:22 PM »
You expect the man to 1. turn away from a top, quick-impact recruiting class and 2. to honor work he'd done for another school when no one else does?

PSHHHTTT!  Kentucky fans might have hung him if he didn't bring a few of those recruits!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 04:47:26 PM »
You expect the man to 1. turn away from a top, quick-impact recruiting class and 2. to honor work he'd done for another school when no one else does?

PSHHHTTT!  Kentucky fans might have hung him if he didn't bring a few of those recruits!

Even Bobby Gonzalez was good to his word of not taking his recruits and players from Manhattan to Seton Hall

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:13:08 PM »
Thing is Bobby G didn't have no Mickey D's to bring.

Sides y'all cant take anytin Cal say as gospel. Hells man, just ask Charlton.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

sjd8886

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 05:40:55 PM »
he said he wished they would...but come on, you know he was just saying it to say it...those are his recruits, and he spent the time recruiting them, and they were going there for him more than the school, so im not going to judge him for taking them to kentucky

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 06:40:03 PM »
Thing is Bobby G didn't have no Mickey D's to bring.

Sides y'all cant take anytin Cal say as gospel. Hells man, just ask Charlton.

Gonzo did have some players to bring though. Jeff Xavier was a good player for Providence and CJ Anderson started for a pretty good Xavier team.

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »
bobby is also out of his mind though, he prob thought he'd go to a major conference and recruit #1 overall's his first year

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
bobby is also out of his mind though, he prob thought he'd go to a major conference and recruit #1 overall's his first year

Dont disrespect Choz's boy like that!  ;)

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 01:54:38 PM »
Calipari is money & power hungry when Phil Jax leaves LAL next year it would not surprise me to see him jump ship again.The man only cares about himself. He fits the profile of a Rolling Stone type, I learned about this term in my coaching course i am taking this semester.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 01:55:18 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »
Calipari is money & power hungry when Phil Jax leaves LAL next year it would not surprise me to see him jump ship again.The man only cares about himself. He fits the profile of a Rolling Stone type, I learned about this term in my coaching course i am taking this semester.

Real strong words for someone you never met.  I wonder if you were offered a much higher salary to work a dream job in a much better area if you would stay.  I think not.  Why is a basketball coach any different? 

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »

Real strong words for someone you never met.  I wonder if you were offered a much higher salary to work a dream job in a much better area if you would stay.  I think not.  Why is a basketball coach any different?

Im sure most of the posters on these boards never met Norm, yet they make it a priority to rip him in every post.

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 03:31:42 PM »

A lot of St. John's fans disagree with you and think Norm should go back to Queens College voluntarily!  :D ;)
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 04:21:05 PM »

Im sure most of the posters on these boards never met Norm, yet they make it a priority to rip him in every post.

Apples and oranges.  Ripping a coach for his performance is perfectly fine.  Just like ripping a bus driver that is constantly late and misses his stops would be fine.  You don't ever hear of people ripping regular guys for leaving their place of work for a higher salary or better benefits.  Why are coaches any different? 

Memphis is a sh*t hole.  It has the second highest crime rate in America, second or third highest murder rate, and is the meth capital of the world.  Not to mention Memphis is in a terrible school.  Ripping a coach for leaving for a better job is silly.  It happens several times a year.

And I also think that Cal wanted his players and recruits to stay, but when a kid tells you that he is leavig Memphis regardless and he only signed there to play for you, what do you do?  Is it fair to the kid to not recruit him? 

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »

Apples and oranges.  Ripping a coach for his performance is perfectly fine.  Just like ripping a bus driver that is constantly late and misses his stops would be fine.  You don't ever hear of people ripping regular guys for leaving their place of work for a higher salary or better benefits.  Why are coaches any different? 

Memphis is a sh*t hole.  It has the second highest crime rate in America, second or third highest murder rate, and is the meth capital of the world.  Not to mention Memphis is in a terrible school.  Ripping a coach for leaving for a better job is silly.  It happens several times a year.

And I also think that Cal wanted his players and recruits to stay, but when a kid tells you that he is leavig Memphis regardless and he only signed there to play for you, what do you do?  Is it fair to the kid to not recruit him?

Cal was a perfect fit for the shady shthole Memphis. He could do what he pleased down there with a roster full of thugs. Hopefully the NCAA keeps tabs on him and his shenanigans in Marillac land

LJSA

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »

You can tell which Redmen.com posters have met Norm. They bend over backwards to not criticize him, and blame everything on Harrington.

Marillac

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »

You can tell which Redmen.com posters have met Norm. They bend over backwards to not criticize him, and blame everything on Harrington.

I've met Norm before.  He's a hard guy to dislike until you watch him coach. 

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »

LOL !!! And pretty accurate

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »
lol I really haven't bee on the forum in a few days but this was a very entertaining thread to read. Good stuff guys.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle