Siena -top 25

• 8 replies
Siena -top 25
« on: May 01, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
McCaffrey is doing a great job up there. They lose the MAAC player of the year,Kenny Hasbrouck and ESPN still has them top 25. I think next season will be Fran's last at Siena with Ubiles and the rest of that class graduating. Think St Johns might be possible destination?

http://www.cbs6albany.com/sports/nba-1262884-hasbrouck-siena.html

ESPN college basketball analysts Andy Katz and Doug Gottlieb both released their very preliminary top 25 polls for next season today -- and they both have Siena ranked number 25 in the country.

This, despite the loss of outgoing senior Kenny Hasbrouck, who has signed with an agent. The 6'3" guard, who hopes to become Siena's first NBA player continues to work out on campus while finishing up school.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Siena -top 25
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:20:20 AM »
YES I think St. John's would be a fine McCaffery destination.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:20:33 AM by peter »

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »
i would love to have him but im pretty sure hes happy at siena unless someone such as notre damn came calling
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »
i would love to have him but im pretty sure hes happy at siena unless someone such as notre damn came calling

Why would anyone want to live in or near crappy-arse Albany???

Kidding, mase, kidding.

Not really actually  8)
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »
It is interesting that it seems that no other school even made him an offer after that tournament performance.  His buyout will be more expensive this coming year, for sure.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »
It is interesting that it seems that no other school even made him an offer after that tournament performance.  His buyout will be more expensive this coming year, for sure.

McAffrey is a sensational coach.  His understanding of the game is up there with anyone in the country.  He also understands people and is a true statesman. 

The fact that his team is ranked in the top 25 after losing the MAAC POY is just incredible.  That team could actually be even better.  And, man, are they fun to watch.  What NYC kid wouldn't want to play in his offense?

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »

McAffrey is a sensational coach.  His understanding of the game is up there with anyone in the country.  He also understands people and is a true statesman. 

The fact that his team is ranked in the top 25 after losing the MAAC POY is just incredible.  That team could actually be even better.  And, man, are they fun to watch.  What NYC kid wouldn't want to play in his offense?

could not agree more.
maybe he should begin to recuit lance
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »
Kenny Hasbrouck has a work out for Oklahoma City and than the Knicks

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »

You don't have to sell me.  The way his teams compete with BCS level squads, how his teams have structured freedom despite being short... that's the kind of mid-major coach who goes off and has success.  Some people have wood for guys who just aren't in, say, St. John's (or perhaps Rutgers' as well?) price range... and finally McCaffery has turned in a single-digit loss season, which seems to be a decent barometer for an up and coming coach.

(Take a look at some coaches who have moved up to higher levels of D-1 - the guys with single digit loss season, or a winning percentage over 70% tend to do better at the higher level jobs - they tend to know what they're doing, they know what their team should look like, and they can coach through various injuries and matchups.)