Norm...Could it happen, if it happened

• 3 replies

sjd8886

Norm...Could it happen, if it happened
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
i originally put my own opinion in this thread but just deleted it...id rather just put this out there and see what you guys think...

Its last season...every player on UNC is on st johns...what win total do we achieve, do we get into the ncaa tournament, and if we do get there, how far do we go (you can pretend we got into the easiest bracket in your opinion if you wish)

....the whole point of this thread being, could he win, if he got the recruits...and UNC was in my opinion the most loaded team in the country on paper last year...im not even going to post again in this thread bc you guys already know my opinion on the matter

boo3

Re: Norm...Could it happen, if it happened
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 01:24:22 PM »
  Although there is nothing in Norm's history or background to indicate he would be successful at any level , i'll give him the benefit of the doubt because that team is just loaded.   20+ wins,  lose in conference tourney,  lose in sweet 16 of NCAA's. From a tactical perspective,  he would be embarrased by the other coaches as he went further in tourney. 

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 04:10:57 PM »
He'd obviously get some wins with that team, but they wouldn't resemble the the team that Roy Williams had.  I think they are out in the second round under Norm.  Think Arizona.  All the talent in the world...two lottry picks and a PG that will get drafted in the second round, but just couldn't get it done day in and day out. 

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 07:06:37 PM »
It's hard to say... Norm hasn't showed anything to lead me to believe that he  would be able to coach even with talent around him but on the other hand I think it would be hard not to get that team into the tournament with the talent they have.  My guess is to say they would make it and get upset in the 1st or 2nd round