a lesson for message-board miscreants

• 24 replies

Marillac

Re: a lesson for message-board miscreants
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »
Y'all are missing the point and it's a point I have been making since the start. Kids read these site. Y'all have lost a recruit because of these sites. It's easy to type shit and hide behind a computer. That's why I put my picture up gave my real name and even posted my phone number. I don't give a #$%^.  I'm man enough to to say that I don't agree with norm sometimes but the man knows it's me talking. I'm not gonna smile in his face like I didn't say nothing. Alot of y'all are hiding behind ur computers talking wild shit. And I'm not coming at guys on this site I'm talking about some of those fierce person gots on redmen and some on big east. Now I have seen alot of them in person ie maven hits wasju pmg krusty they are cool and people in the basketball world now who they are. But some like realfan and tommy whatever hide behind the computer belittle players and coaches and are afraid to show up at games or meetings because they know they would get their ass whopped. I'm glad someone in the media put this out there. Ain't no fine line about nothing. Why would u want to play for a fan base that talks shit about u and throws dirt on ur name. #$%^ that the fans get what they deserve cause they talking tough but scarred to put a face with those words.

Great post kob

But, Baldi, you attack players and coaches all across the country by publicly accusing them of either giving or receiving money.  Not every kid or coach you blame is guilty, but you don't think twice dragging a 17 year old's kid through mud.  Also, anytime any kid is accused of doing something illegal, you automatically call him a thug and assume he did it.  I always give the guy the benefit of the doubt legally--except when there is no doubt--especially if it involves a crazy woman making allegations.

Youre right, I do atatck OTHER teams players and OTHER teams coaches especially if I think they are cheating,which in most times they are. Some guys sit here and defend OTHER schools' coaches and players and continually put OUR players down but than im questioned on being a true fan and called a troll? Case in point, after a good win against Georgetown in the Big East tourny,not 10 minutes after the buzzer their is a thread started killing Boothe. How does this help? Why not give some credit to a good victory?

What does it matter what team the kids play for?  You are still attacking kids.  Does it make it any better if I spit on a homeless child from Canada as long as I don't do it to an American child?

Don't sit there and type that it's not right to attack a kid when you only mean a kid that plays for YOUR favorite team.

boo3

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 03:40:18 PM »
   As far as this site goes,  i really don't see any specific examples of posters going over the line attacking players or coaches.   The rules clearly state that any slander against player or coach will result in a warning and then suspension  .   Slander-"Slander is an untruthful oral (spoken) statement about a person that harms the person's reputation or standing in the community".  Saying player X  had a bad game,  or coach Y  has no clue what he is doing, is not slander.  It's one's opinion,  and everyone's got an opinion. 

Accusing a player or coach of impropriety is a lot closer to the definition of slander,  than saying Coach is in way over his head.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 03:41:40 PM »
Y'all are missing the point and it's a point I have been making since the start. Kids read these site. Y'all have lost a recruit because of these sites. It's easy to type shit and hide behind a computer. That's why I put my picture up gave my real name and even posted my phone number. I don't give a #$%^.  I'm man enough to to say that I don't agree with norm sometimes but the man knows it's me talking. I'm not gonna smile in his face like I didn't say nothing. Alot of y'all are hiding behind ur computers talking wild shit. And I'm not coming at guys on this site I'm talking about some of those fierce person gots on redmen and some on big east. Now I have seen alot of them in person ie maven hits wasju pmg krusty they are cool and people in the basketball world now who they are. But some like realfan and tommy whatever hide behind the computer belittle players and coaches and are afraid to show up at games or meetings because they know they would get their ass whopped. I'm glad someone in the media put this out there. Ain't no fine line about nothing. Why would u want to play for a fan base that talks shit about u and throws dirt on ur name. #$%^ that the fans get what they deserve cause they talking tough but scarred to put a face with those words.

Great post kob

But, Baldi, you attack players and coaches all across the country by publicly accusing them of either giving or receiving money.  Not every kid or coach you blame is guilty, but you don't think twice dragging a 17 year old's kid through mud.  Also, anytime any kid is accused of doing something illegal, you automatically call him a thug and assume he did it.  I always give the guy the benefit of the doubt legally--except when there is no doubt--especially if it involves a crazy woman making allegations.

Youre right, I do atatck OTHER teams players and OTHER teams coaches especially if I think they are cheating,which in most times they are. Some guys sit here and defend OTHER schools' coaches and players and continually put OUR players down but than im questioned on being a true fan and called a troll? Case in point, after a good win against Georgetown in the Big East tourny,not 10 minutes after the buzzer their is a thread started killing Boothe. How does this help? Why not give some credit to a good victory?

What does it matter what team the kids play for?  You are still attacking kids.  Does it make it any better if I spit on a homeless child from Canada as long as I don't do it to an American child?

Don't sit there and type that it's not right to attack a kid when you only mean a kid that plays for YOUR favorite team.

OK, do you think Norm is cheating or paying players? Do you think coaches and players should get called out if they are cheating or a player is getting paid? Or should it get swept under the rug like in years past?

We may have a difference in opinion, but I find it very easy to root for kids like Boothe,Paris,DJ etc rather than make excuses and pull  for a Tyreke Evans or even a Corey Fi$her
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:43:06 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »
We bash Norm on this site and that should be it. Never bash a player on these boards because face it, College Basketball is still a MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEM. It is hard to understand this in a Major League City but I see this site as our talk radio. Talk radio is pessimistic 99% of the time. Talk Radio is not taken seriously. We don't rule the world. If we did, Marco Baldi would be our new AD, WASJU would be our Father Harrington, and Dave would be our coach because face it, he is the only one to see the glass both ways. To recurits viewing this site, we are just 10 people who just see the glass half empty. We are not the voice of STJ basketball. Face it, if we truly hated St Johns basketball and thought it was godforsaken, we would stop showing up for games, stop attending New York City Public School Championships, and we would devote all our energy into why the JETS can't get it right. We care, its just this is our venting post which I hope you have someone to vent to when your angry

gonzalo

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 02:16:04 AM »

Very good post.