What's worse? Being a Met fan or a St.Johns fan?

• 8 replies

boo3

What's worse? Being a Met fan or a St.Johns fan?
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:47:36 AM »
  Got to be being a Met fan for me.  At least with St. John's the expectations have become so low that losses barely affect me anymore.  The Mets seem to invent new ways to clutch defeat from the hands of victory each and every day.
   At least when St.Johns loses a game, its usually a blowout (especially on the road).  The Mets just like to torture.

Re: What's worse? Being a Met fan or a St.Johns fan?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 09:41:03 AM »
I'm a Yankees fan and, for the first time that I can remember, I was embarrassed by a win.  We did not deserve to win that game and A-Rod didn't deserve the accolades he was receiving.  Once again, he did nothing in a clutch situation.  Texeira deserves all the praise for running hard on a routine pop-up---something that should always be done, but often isn't.  (Hint, hint Jose Reyes)

Poison

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 12:36:45 PM »
I was embarrassed by that win too. It's shameful, but not the least bit surprising to see Arod act like he was just named prom queen.

But in regards to the Mets and SJU-at least the Mets are cared about. They have fans that come back.

Our fans are long gone.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:09:51 PM »
I am a Met Fan and a STJ fan.....regards of what happens those are still my teams. I was so pissed off last night but like in life tomorrow is another day.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
St. Johns fan...and its not close
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »
The Mets can throw money at a problem.
After Fernando Nieve gets lit up today, they can trade fir Jake Peavy or someone that can help.

When SJU is struggling they can only turn to the guys they have-and that never works. Omar Mineya seems to have a firm grip on the junk heap. Unfortunately, it won't do Chris Monasch much good to scout the student center gym.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »
I enjoy the struggle rooting for both
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 05:22:42 PM »
Being a St. John's fan is much worse.  The playing field is even in baseball for a team like the Mets.  St. John's is not UNC or Kentucky.

When the Mets suck it is because they made bad draft picks and/or off-season signings. 

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:05 PM »
STJ fan is worse. '86 World Series is enough to last another 23 years. If STJ won the ncaa tourney in '85, it would be a toss up.