in my opinion

• 14 replies

kob24

in my opinion
« on: January 13, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »
out of the recruits we didnt get and yada yada. i think the two most important that could have been gotten and wasnt is mike couburn and malcolm grant. can u imagine these guys on this team. there shouldnt have been any problems. no matter how many of yall say coaching sucks they would have been balling.just thinking of them with malik in the backcourt makes my stomach hurt with the possibilties oh well. lets go geno :-\

Re: in my opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:37:50 PM »
kob i totally agree. it means so much to a team when they have someone that can actually get in the lane and finish. we havnt had that since dhill got hurt.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:19:07 PM »
bein at the super six today. and seein all these recruits who are going to other big east schools is just depressing as hell.  (aside from thomas goin to kansas, and strickland @ unc). 

norm has got to do a better job.  his recruiting is a JOKE.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 07:25:55 PM »
out of the recruits we didnt get and yada yada. i think the two most important that could have been gotten and wasnt is mike couburn and malcolm grant. can u imagine these guys on this team. there shouldnt have been any problems. no matter how many of yall say coaching sucks they would have been balling.just thinking of them with malik in the backcourt makes my stomach hurt with the possibilties oh well. lets go geno :-\
Malcolm Grant looks real impressive

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »
kob i agree with malcolm grant but i would give malik the slight edge over coburn.  both of their games are pretty similar. theyre both straight up winner, both well built, both play good defense.  coburn has a better shot than malik but malik is quicker and faster than coburn is.  coburn is a little bit stronger. grant i would agree with though he is definetely electric and a creator.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »
i agree but im sayin he could of have both of them or all 3. every good school has a point guard and 2 combos or a combo and 2 pg. or 3 guards period.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
why do you think they picked other schools then if we could have had them? under recruited by our staff?

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 07:34:20 AM »
Malcolm Grant looks real impressive

it wouldnt matter, norm would put grant/coburn in for a combined 8 minutes and play geno for 32.....

kob24

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
why do you think they picked other schools then if we could have had them? under recruited by our staff?
im not sure about coburn but tis is malcolms dream school. they could have gotten malcolm out of all these recruits. i found out they was focusing on corey more. u cant put all ur eggs in one basket

Randomhero423

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 11:51:27 AM »
im not sure about coburn but tis is malcolms dream school. they could have gotten malcolm out of all these recruits. i found out they was focusing on corey more. u cant put all ur eggs in one basket

they did the same w/ syl and bryant too. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17:18 PM »

did the same thing with syl...syracuse just offers a bunch and sees who committs...thats what we should be doing too
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 12:31:53 PM »

Bryant.. ?    what are you talking about ..?

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 02:36:28 PM »

corye claimed publicly that st johns was his dream school. 

what randomhero is talking about (i think) is that norm again put all his eggs in 1 basket with syl and got burned and didnt offer the kid that wanted to come here  (truck).
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »

we relied on syl signing here, when we could have had darryl truck bryant (st rays pg goin to wv now) when he said his dream school was here and if we offered he'd commit.  he gave us a deadline and we didn't offer and he ended up at WVU. 

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »

we relied on syl signing here, when we could have had darryl truck bryant (st rays pg goin to wv now) when he said his dream school was here and if we offered he'd commit.  he gave us a deadline and we didn't offer and he ended up at WVU. 

yeah but that is not putting their eggs in one basket in regard to Truck...  the made a conscience decision to not offer him...