Atmosphere at CA today (vs depaul)

• 8 replies

Randomhero423

Atmosphere at CA today (vs depaul)
« on: January 12, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
was actually pretty intense.  the entire crowd seemed VERY frustrated with this team and at norm.  so many people wanted boothe in, lawrence out. and tj out.  people were yellin at norm, callin mase jr a bum (i did say go back to memphis.  that one crazy 3 really ticked me off).  i was surprised how mad the crowd got, and i was happy to see it.  if we keep playin this bad and get that out coached, i can really see some "fire norm' chants on the horizon.

Re: Atmosphere at CA today (vs depaul)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:28:19 PM »
Before you said the people sitting around you in your section wanted boothe in. Usually I can only hear about 5 people down three rows up and back which is about 35 people. So did you walk around the arena at different parts of the game to get the consensus of the whole crowd? Or are you a great lip reader? To make a bold statement such as the whole crowd was frustrated with the team and Norm and who they wanted in and out is a foolish assumption and generalization.

I understand your frustration and I think it was evident of a lot of poor factors today but lets not make these types of generalizations. It was evident people wanted Larry Wright in the game because there were chants of his name and loud applause every time he got in thats something you can say for fact.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 04:31:40 PM »
at the section i was sitting in.  almost everyone was yelling for boothe to come in.  but it was obvious everyone (aside from depaul fans) were frustrated at norm and the team. 

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
Of course the crowd is going to be somber and upset at the scoreboard however to point the finger and say who the whole crowd wanted in is absurd. The whole crowd wanted Liam Beisty in because he always gets the loudest ovation when he comes in its so obvious. Do you see my point?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:39:36 PM »
i meant my section then. the whole section i was in it seemed like they wanted boothe.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »
A ton of frustration.  You could cut the tension with a knife (sorry for the cliche).  After Geno went right into the heart of the zone (3 on 5 mind you), I almost walked out of the arena.  Seriously. 

How do you call two timeouts and not make ANY substitution during a run like that?

Norm may want to live and die by Geno, but it may eventually cost him his job.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 01:09:40 AM »
Well I can tell you me and many of my fellow friends/fans were calling for booth and will continue to call for norm to be sent packing!!!

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 01:13:07 AM »
just wondering if anyone saw me.  i had a NYG hoodie and i was w/ my dad (half bald w/ glasses).  i was thinking to myself sitting there some of these people i'm sitting next to, prob post here and on BEB.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
I sit in section 4 and the half empty section wanted Boothe in also