St. John's is on the Rise [ESPN]

• 5 replies
St. John's is on the Rise [ESPN]
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »
According to Andy Katz St. John's is one of 10 teams on the rise this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=katz_andy
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

Re: St. John's is on the Rise [ESPN]
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
I am liking the positive publicity but I was hoping the team would come in under the radar.  I would hate for these guys to start thinking they are great before we even play a meaningful game.  Here is to hoping they still play with a chip on their shoulders

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »
Notice FAU and Jarvis is also on this list!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
a thank you to katz for even mentioning us.  every sports publication is treating st john's as if it's bethune cookman.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:25:14 PM »
I am liking the positive publicity but I was hoping the team would come in under the radar.  I would hate for these guys to start thinking they are great before we even play a meaningful game.  Here is to hoping they still play with a chip on their shoulders

We need to be above the Radar but go out and actually maul teams. Back it up with tough D and an efficient offense.  The public shine would be intense if these kids can back it up like you mentioned. It's harder to do when all eyes are on you but if you back it up.......watch out. We are at crossroads here especially wit 50 schollies in a few years. Kids/recruits want to play for a winner well here is our chance. This is it. Let's see what we can do. SHINE BABY!

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
over the years, he's been pretty good to us.
When we win our one game a year over a good team,
He's right there every time giving us props.