Run 'n' Gun

• 3 replies

Tha Kid

Run 'n' Gun
« on: January 23, 2008, 11:45:56 PM »
Can we press and run please?  We have seen enough of how much we suck at the halfcourt offense and how much we lose focus on half court defense even....why can't we press, and RUN!   Justin would be awesome on the break.  Mase is awesome ton the break.  DJ and Paris are 10x better on the break than they are in the halfcourt.  MALIK is great on the break.  EVans can even run a little, Larry is a threat on both break and halfcout but never plays....WHY ARENT WE RUNNING?  We are young, yeah, we're gonna lose a lot, yeah, at least give us our best shot to win by pressing and running, and make it FUN FOR THE FANS!

Honestly, If I could go and we were losing 95-80 I'd be a lot less pissed because at least I saw an exciting game....

NORM GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Run 'n' Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:19:18 AM »
No doubt.  This walk-it-up offense works if a) players are good individual offensive players in isolation or b) the coach has some crisp sets to get shot opportunities.  But this team is FILLED with athletes.  Even Dele can move a little for a guy his size.  Can you imagine Malik coming down the middle with Kennedy on the left, and Larry stopping at the three point line on the right?  He'd make it rain.

We're not stopping anyone slow, our post players break down on defense; let's do it fast and see how that works. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »
i've lost all hope for this team.  just looking forward to next year.. 

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:23:42 PM »
That would take coaching.  Thinking on your feet.  Changing things up.  WE ARE...ST. JOHN'S (and if you read the fine print, it also says "we don't like change")