A guess on the DJ/Evans situation...

• 11 replies

Poison

A guess on the DJ/Evans situation...
« on: February 19, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »
They do not make the trip down to Florida.

kjd01067

Re: A guess on the DJ/Evans situation...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
That seems a little overboard if all that happened was a verbal argument.  I would say sit them for the first half.  Can Norm really afford to sit these 2 for a whole game?  But from what we have heard maybe a clean program is all that the administration wants. 

Poison

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
That seems a little overboard if all that happened was a verbal argument.  I would say sit them for the first half.  Can Norm really afford to sit these 2 for a whole game?  But from what we have heard maybe a clean program is all that the administration wants.

Could St.John's go overboard with a disciplinary action? They've never done that before.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:36 PM »
unfortunately, norm doesn't care about winning.  he'll have to be harsh because he knows FH is concerned about the "culture" of the team.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »
I think the team left for Florida yesterday, so if they didn't, we probably would've heard about it by now.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
The only thing we're waiting to hear about is a new coach.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »
I'm watching Red Storm Report on SNY, and they talked about the Seton Hall game so it must have been taped yesterday. When talking about Dominique Jones, Brandon Tierney said basically "I'm assuming you'll have DJ on him" and Norm said yes. So my guess is he either won't start, or just got a slap on the wrist.

Also, BT asked Norm if he can look back on the Providence and Seton Hall losses as losses that really changed the season (again, paraphrasing) and Norms answer was "Well every team in the Big East does that, every game is a fight, etc...." and never actually answered the question.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:46:53 PM by boooooooooothe »

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »
And Evans' facebook status right now is "I'm in florida chillin in the hotel...got South Florida tomorrow" so it looks like neither of them are being suspended

Poison

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 05:26:11 PM »
We got South Florida tomorrow? More like they got us.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »
Just confirmed the punishment is Evans and DJ will have to watch tapes of all our under 60 point losses, pick up Louies canolis for a year and attend a Chris Casey offensive hoops seminar.

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 08:05:36 PM »
Glad they got off easy. For a minute I thought Norm was going to make them listen to Marillac’s highly anticipated, but very overrated, hour long snore-fest radio interview from last season!

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 09:24:03 AM »
Glad they got off easy. For a minute I thought Norm was going to make them listen to Marillac’s highly anticipated, but very overrated, hour long snore-fest radio interview from last season!

Are you going to cut them back to two scoops of ice cream when you take all the kids out for ice cream after the game?  Do they have to stand in the bag of Pin The Tail on the Donkey?