Norm Gives Pitt Credit and says we "played extremely hard"

• 2 replies
Norm Gives Pitt Credit and says we "played extremely hard"
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:24:48 PM »
Head Coach Norm Roberts
On St. John’s Performance:
“I thought it was a hard fought game, we just didn’t make any shots at all. They are a very good team, they execute at the end of the shot clock. We played good defense, but in the last seven or eight seconds, they make a shot and we would get caught on a screen so give them credit. I thought we played extremely hard. We gave away too many easy bunnies at the beginning of the game, and you can’t do that. If you give them a lead, they are a very tough team to come back on because of how they play.”

On Pittburgh’s offense:
“I think we were guarding them, but they do a lot of screening. They are one of the best motion offensive teams and we tried to pressure them out of it, but they also got some good offensive rebounds. I thought when we scrambled, we got beat a couple of times and they got some easy buckets with Nasir Robinson. I thought he played really well and gave them some good minutes. But off the staggers, we got caught on some screens and all they need is a second.”

On Pittsburgh’s shooting:
“They made some big shots. Chase Adams comes in and makes a long three. Some guys made some big shots for them. Gilbert Brown is really a starter. They got things from everybody. Just like we do from our team at times. They executed better though.”

On Dwight Hardy:
“It does not matter to me who shoots the most shots. We want to share the ball, which we tried to do, but I just thought if he is open, I wanted him to shoot. I though he was trying to be aggressive, obviously picking up some slack for D.J. Kennedy being out. I thought he was trying to be a little more aggressive.”

On playing hard:
“We didn’t lay down. We played hard. We stayed focused. What we tell them is that this is the BIG EAST. We are not playing cupcake teams. This is the BIG EAST, so you have to battle through it. Obviously, we were defending good enough to keep the score down, but the bottom line is that you have to make shots. Pitt is one of the toughest teams in America to come back on because they grind out every possession, so when you get down on them it makes it a lot tougher to come back.”

This guy is such a joke, I can't even take it anymore.

Re: Norm Gives Pitt Credit and says we "played extremely hard"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
I think he should be fired, but honestly what do you want him to say?

Re: Norm Gives Pitt Credit and says we "played extremely hard"
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 08:48:22 PM »
It's easy to forget how good our defense was with our awful shooting.