Wagers

• 12 replies
Wagers
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:50:11 AM »
In my wager with Bluto, he needs SJU to win the next two just for a push as we decided 17 wins was the cutoff. I predicted 14 wins, he predicted 20.

Carmine needs Paris to score 20 in both the last two remaining games. I predicted early on that based on how Norm was divying up the PT and how terribly Horne was playing that he would not score 20 a single game this season. Carmine predicted"multiple" 20 point games. Paris currently has ZERO 20 point games.
WE ARE NOSTRADAMUS!

Re: Wagers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:15:48 PM »
thanks for the disclosure wasju. we were all curious on everyone else's wager.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
thanks for the disclosure wasju. we were all curious on everyone else's wager.

I enjoy sarcasm as much as the next guy, but there was a point to this. If Bluto is allowed to continously post nonsense that he doesn't even believe he deserves to be called out on his nonsense!

As far as Carmine, his love for poor shooting shooting guards needs to stop! Hopefully my calling him out is the tough love he needs. Otherwise we might have to stage an intervention.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:36:03 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:24:49 PM »
Bluto and Carmine were eliminated from winning their bets

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »

What bets, have no idea what you are talking about. :D

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »
Hey WASJU ---- rumor has it you are organizing strip poker with baldi and carmine since you missed out last time bc of your wife's curfew.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
Hey WASJU ---- rumor has it you are organizing strip poker with baldi and carmine since you missed out last time bc of your wife's curfew.

Nah, even if I win I lose!

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 03:12:47 PM »
As far as Carmine, his love for poor shooting shooting guards needs to stop!

He's not poor.  I just underestimated Norm's defense (on his own players ) and how much of a viable alternative Hardy boyz would be and how much guard play by commitee there would be.

He should have just thrown up more three's this season as his 38% from 3 is great.  FT shooting?  Not so great.

Norm was able to hold every player on his team but Prez to not one single 20 point evening.  When D-Buckets would get close to it, Norm would sub him out.

Perhaps he'll do it in the last game and the tourney where he shouldn't be looking over his shoulder for the hook.

He's still my favorite player if not for his often attempts, usually failed, to posterize opposing bigs alone.  He's still our best leaper, defender and most exciting player.

But in the end, I was wrong.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »
As far as Carmine, his love for poor shooting shooting guards needs to stop!

He's not poor.  I just underestimated Norm's defense (on his own players ) and how much of a viable alternative Hardy boyz would be and how much guard play by commitee there would be.

He should have just thrown up more three's this season as his 38% from 3 is great.  FT shooting?  Not so great.

Norm was able to hold every player on his team but Prez to not one single 20 point evening.  When D-Buckets would get close to it, Norm would sub him out.

Perhaps he'll do it in the last game and the tourney where he shouldn't be looking over his shoulder for the hook.

He's still my favorite player if not for his often attempts, usually failed, to posterize opposing bigs alone.  He's still our best leaper, defender and most exciting player.

But in the end, I was wrong.

He did not play well this year and I think last year was a bit of a aberration, but he is much better than he has shown! Most coaches would try to get two of their better players on the court as much as possible not give them a 20/20 split. The reason why I predicted he would struggle was my belief that A) Hardy would eat into his minutes B)he played over his head last year C) Norm sucks.
I like Paris and think he is a good basketball player, just not the offensive weapon you want as starting two guard in the BE IMO

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 03:41:03 PM »

Don't pull an Old Red and not pay now, I know Baldi is better than that...

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

We never oficially agreed on the payment. Bragging rights is sufficient for me

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »

We never oficially agreed on the payment. Bragging rights is sufficient for me

PMG owes me a dollar

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
He did not play well this year and I think last year was a bit of a aberration, but he is much better than he has shown!

All of us and Hilton himself can recognize that this was a dissapointing year considering him being our leading scorer and best player last season.

However, since an entire basketball career consists of 4 seasons, to call what happens in 25% of that sample an aberration seems statistically silly.

Let's see what happens in his Sr. year before we close the book on Paris.  If this Hardy Boyz knee isn't a  minor thing.  His minutes next year would rival Prez.  Then lookout.