Midseason Report Card

• 15 replies
Midseason Report Card
« on: January 26, 2008, 04:06:09 AM »
www.johnnyjungle.com

Taking a look at the team with giving them a grade on their fall semester of play
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:24:26 AM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Midseason Report Card
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
www.johnnyjungle.com

Taking a look at the team with giving them a grade on their fall semester of play

Good job Dave! All these players need to START PLAYING SOME D

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
You forgot "coaching".  But I guess that grade didn't really need to be given.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
You forgot "coaching".  But I guess that grade didn't really need to be given.

I didn't want to turn it into a circus talking about coaching lets just focus on the players

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
JJ, grading was fair. if you evaluate the team on an INDIVIDUAL basis i agree, however, were are in a conference and a true grade would reflect a bell shape distribution curve with C being the mean......

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 12:59:26 PM »
JJ, grading was fair. if you evaluate the team on an INDIVIDUAL basis i agree, however, were are in a conference and a true grade would reflect a bell shape distribution curve with C being the mean......

You have to remember this reflects mostly out of conference play with 6 conference games. If the grades only reflected the 6 big east games all the grades would be lower

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
I'd rate Malik slightly higher.  Other than that, I think you're spot on.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 04:34:37 PM »

what would you give him? why?

kob24

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
id give justin a c-

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 06:16:04 PM »
id give justin a c-

Just curious as to why?  I think his lack of production comes from the lack of a point guard who can get him the ball in a position where he can do some damage.

Maybe it's his "defense".

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »

I'd give him a "B"

He hasn't gotten enough minutes through no fault of his home.  When he's in the game, he makes things happen.  I attribute the TO's, in part, to being a freshman.  I think his defense is solid despite his lack of size.  He hasn't shown much of a shot (if at all), but he makes the people on the court better.  When he comes out of the game, the other team ALWAYS goes on a run.  When he's in there, we play even with the other team (at worst).  Much like Geno, I think the kid is tough as nails and has the heart of a lion.  I think he can be a BE point guard and I have no problem with him running the floor next year.

kob24

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
matter of fact give him a d. his other coaches told him time and time again to stop letting his defender get so #$%^ing deep in the paint. why isnt he fronting dc. why isnt he getting more rebounds. i know hes losing right now but he needs to keep his head up play with energy

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »

I'd give him a "B"

He hasn't gotten enough minutes through no fault of his home.  When he's in the game, he makes things happen.  I attribute the TO's, in part, to being a freshman.  I think his defense is solid despite his lack of size.  He hasn't shown much of a shot (if at all), but he makes the people on the court better.  When he comes out of the game, the other team ALWAYS goes on a run.  When he's in there, we play even with the other team (at worst).  Much like Geno, I think the kid is tough as nails and has the heart of a lion.  I think he can be a BE point guard and I have no problem with him running the floor next year.

He has played well but I don't think a guy who is averaging 2ppg and 2apg deserves a B grade considering the scale of everyone elses grade. I think a C+ is fair for boothe which is higher than DJ, Paris, and Sean.

matter of fact give him a d. his other coaches told him time and time again to stop letting his defender get so #$%^ing deep in the paint. why isnt he fronting dc. why isnt he getting more rebounds. i know hes losing right now but he needs to keep his head up play with energy

you're just upset after today's performance and rightfully so but Justin has done some nice things and at times he could be better utilized which isn't his fault. I agree with you on his man getting too deep in the block I was going to mention this in the grade however I realized I was going on and on so I edited it out. I was going to say at times he lets his man get too deep and on offense he does a great job of sealing his man but he needs to seal his man lower on the block. He's been settling for too many jumpers too far on the baseline but I love that shot from the free throw line its wet.

Randomhero423

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
although AMJR has played real well now.  but i think a B is a lil high.  he played awful against depaul and uconn. and we needed atleast one of those games.

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »
Real question is what does everyone think of Sean Evans I think this kid played a pretty good game today despite fouling out. He still makes dumb decisions but he looks vastly improved and I don't have a total lack of confidence in him anymore like I did at the beginning of the season.

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 07:26:03 PM »
although AMJR has played real well now.  but i think a B is a lil high.  he played awful against depaul and uconn. and we needed atleast one of those games.

He got a B-

Justin and Larry are only players with a B