Fran McCaffrey

• 17 replies
Fran McCaffrey
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:34:43 AM »
What a puss! He sends his starters to the locker room before the final buzzer in yesterdays win over Manhattan so they wouldnt shake hands after the game. He had words with Barry Rohrrssen after the game,afterwards you could clearly see a Manhattan asst coach call Fran an a sshole. In a postgame interview when asked of his actions,McCaffrey said he sent the players to the locker room early because of "safety" issues.

The MAAC coaches cant stand McCaffrey. Siena can keep this douche.

Poison

Re: Fran McCaffrey
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
Isn't that we did after Gonzaga beat in 00?

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:17 AM »
Did you watch the game Marco?

boo3

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:18:07 AM »
 a coach with some passion and personality?  Who needs that?

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 08:19:20 AM »

Yup. So what if a kid sticks his tongue out an does a 360 dunk in front of your bench.

This isnt the first time this guy has not shaken hands

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »
I frankly don't care what other coaches think of McCaffrey.  I just want a good coach.  He doesn't have to be liked by other coaches.  Many coaches don't like Jim Calhoun.  Many coaches don't like Bob Huggins.  Many coaches don't like John Calipari.  I will take all those guys in a heartbeat, and not lose sleep over the fact that some other coaches aren't fond of them.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:22:16 AM »
I frankly don't care what other coaches think of McCaffrey.  I just want a good coach.  He doesn't have to be liked by other coaches.  Many coaches don't like Jim Calhoun.  Many coaches don't like Bob Huggins.  Many coaches don't like John Calipari.  I will take all those guys in a heartbeat, and not lose sleep over the fact that some other coaches aren't fond of them.

You want a guy whose gonna bitch and take his ball and go home after every hard foul in the Big East?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 08:31:13 AM »
And if the guy wins a lot - yeah, bitch after every rough game.  Nice if the team gives it back, of course. 

We have a guy who would never take his guys out of the handshake line, or say something mean about the other coaches.  And they all say nice things about him.

Meanwhile, he coaches against guys whose egos make themselves insert their own personas into the game and the interviews - Pitino, Boeheim, Gonzalez, Huggins, Calhoun... I don't think it has anything to do with being a good coach (and if you're not, it makes you seem like an a-hole), but I have NO problem with it.

And if Fran doesn't say anything, his wife certainly will!

But don't get me wrong. It's a puss move.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:50:17 AM by peter »

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
No more Mr. Nice Guy for us. NIce guys finish 13th.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »

Yup. So what if a kid sticks his tongue out an does a 360 dunk in front of your bench.

This isnt the first time this guy has not shaken hands

I don't agree with sending the starters to the locker room.....since I don't think anything would have happened anyway!

But the game was pretty chippy and there was a good amount of trash talking.  Siena had everything to lose and nothing to gain.....so I can understand why Fran did it. 

All that being said....I'd take Fran over Norm is a heart beat!!! 

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
fran isnt trying to make friends hes trying to get wins
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
There is no doubt that he is the top mid major name mentioned with the program, but is not a "home run"

To me, a home run is high major winner. A Seth Greenberg. A Billy Donovan. A Rick Pitino. A Tubby Smith.

Give me any of those guys. 

LJSA

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 01:56:54 PM »
Siena needs to win the conference tourney to get a bid. If for some stupid reason a starter throws a punch, guess what -- they are out for the next game. I'm not sure that's McCaffrey's reasoning, but I wouldn't blame him if it was. Saying that he fears for his team's safety is lame, though. That's pretty much calling Manhattan a bunch of thugs.

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 05:41:21 PM »

You want a guy whose gonna bitch and take his ball and go home after every hard foul in the Big East?

I'd rather have that than a nice, hard working guy that can't get past 17 wins in 6 years.

But that's just me.

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
Saying that he fears for his team's safety is lame, though.

Not when you consider the resemblance

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Saying that he fears for his team's safety is lame, though.

Not when you consider the resemblance

Frank Nitti

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »

Frank Nitti

Frank Nitti?  That looks like Barney Fife going to the Mayberry Spring social.