ALL-BIG EAST

• 34 replies
Re: ALL-BIG EAST
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »
no pros, just the 2 time defending conference player of the year.  If i said the sky was blue, you'd say its green.  your too much.

Ya and they played better without him.

Does Chris make anyone around him better?

He's the 3rd best player on a decent team. Nothing more, nothing less.  I never said he was all-world.  You said he sucked, not me.  His numbers say, guess what,  i don't suck! We can go back and forth all day. Lets just agree to disagree.
  I think Chris Wright would be the best guard on St.john's.  That was how this whole shitshow began. You actually thought Boothe was better. That says it all.
  He's a Mcd AA, and more a scoring guard, then a point. He had a rash of injuries his freshman and soph. years. This year he played well.  End of story.

Im not sure I said Boothe wwas better rather than sayin St Johns was better and that was at the beginning of the season.  Everyone has injries, thats no excuse and if it was-has Boothe been healthy? Either way, who cares, the MAAC has 3 PG's who would start at St Johns

Poison

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:41 PM »
I think DJ has a chance to be a pre season 3rd teamer next year.

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »
I may sound a bit like Marco here, but I would take DJ over Austin Freeman.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 07:30:25 PM »

DJ can be great, but he can also be terrible.
Then again, you never know when Freeman is going to go into a diabetic coma.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
Aside from the diabetes, I've always felt that he wasn't very athletic.  He gave more this year offensively than I thought he would, so I can't really knock him.  I'm just a big DJ fan. 

I agree that DJ has had a few awful games but he usually shows up to play.  He was terrible against the Hall and looked like he gave up after a while but he was incredible against DePaul.  He was determined to take over that game.  I think he has the talent to do that more often.  He needs to stop reading xhoops' posts about being too selfish and just carry the team on his back.

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 09:49:16 PM »
no love for rosario either
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

mkras99

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »

Wow - you're a real class act.

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2010, 10:15:06 PM »
Wow, look at all the kids from the NY and the tri state areas on the all big east team.  Forget the guys from upstate, anyone in their right mind that is making the decision on Norm's career here should see this and be infuriated.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »
I hear ya Simply.

He's my favorite too. When he's on he can match up with almost anyone's star player, but he's hurt by the lack of team support, and obviously, coaching.

He'll be a senior next year, and hopefully, a new coach can help these guys gel, become a team, and earn the respect that we were all hoping for this year.

Kennedy and Burrell both have next level talent, but it won't happen until they can prove that can handle this level.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
Wow, look at all the kids from the NY and the tri state areas on the all big east team.  Forget the guys from upstate, anyone in their right mind that is making the decision on Norm's career here should see this and be infuriated.

Put Kemba Walker and Corey Fisher aside for a moment and consider this:

It goes even deeper than that. Scott Machado and Charles Jenkins would have made a nice starting backcourt for us.

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »

Whether this is meant to be a joke or not. Its not funny nor do I want comments like this made about players whether they are our or opponents. Come on Poison you're better than that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Whether this is meant to be a joke or not. Its not funny nor do I want comments like this made about players whether they are our or opponents. Come on Poison you're better than that.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, you're right. That was a bad joke.

gonzalo

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2010, 02:27:58 AM »
There are 13 players from the states of New Jersey and New York on the lists. No St. John´s players.

sjd8886

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12:52 PM »
every sport is the same way...no respect if the team the person is on isnt successful...and i would have to assume Jamine Peterson just beat out dj for honorable mention...and i know his numbers are solid and similar to djs but i havent watched enough providence games this year, was he really a bigger part of that team than dj is for us?

Poison

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
every sport is the same way...no respect if the team the person is on isnt successful...and i would have to assume Jamine Peterson just beat out dj for honorable mention...and i know his numbers are solid and similar to djs but i havent watched enough providence games this year, was he really a bigger part of that team than dj is for us?

It's really splitting atoms. Peterson averaged a double double. And he was surrounded by freshman.