DePaul postgame discussion

• 12 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
DePaul postgame discussion
« on: March 06, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
If any of the St. John's fans who were there are on the boards... way to stick it out. 

DePaul really shot the three better than they have... pretty much all season.  St. John's looked lost without Hardy to save their backsides.

boo3

Re: DePaul postgame discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
Team did a nice job. Hard fought win. Too little, too late?  I think so.  DJ was the man.

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:40:58 AM »
I just couldn't stop laughing in the first half! We looked like the "Keystone cops" mixed with the "Bad News Bears".  DJ saved the team, but it always seems to me he does this when we are losing badly...... he can never do it in the flow of an even game ???  No one on the court last night could penetrate to the hole...we looked bad.....it was against DePaul for Christ sake!
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »
DePaul is 1-17 in Big East Conference. The curious thing is that many of his losses have been by less than 10 points.

For example, they lost against Syracuse by 2 points.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=305
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:47:47 AM by gonzalo »

boo3

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »
 For the record, the 1st half was disgraceful and embarrassing. 

kob24

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
who was dj guarding?

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »
what happened tyo evans
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
what happened tyo evans

Foul trouble then Norm forgot about him.  ;D
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
who was dj guarding?
I was there, and up close, my answer was "who the f is he supposed to be guarding?" 

Some of the guys are flying back from O'Hare with scorch marks.

xhoops

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 01:13:53 AM »
who was dj guarding?
The  guy plays 40 minutes and usually has 1 foul.......obviously not guarding anybody.

xhoops

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 01:20:21 AM »
Paris is not quite a Steve Nash, Jason Kidd.  Dude played 48 minutes with ball in his hands a ton and not a SINGLE ASSIST.......ZERO ! That must be a BIG EAST record for a guard. Not saying he is selfish or anything. And one  foul in the same 48 minutes........memo..it's a team game.....PASS the fr...eaking ball and might consider guarding somebody.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 01:54:05 AM »
Up two with 7 secs remaining in the 1st OT and we only have commited 4 fouls.  Why didn't we use the two fouls before the bonus to use up all the clock?  Instead Norm has us pressing and switching so they go right in for the uncontested tying basket.  Mind boggling.

Malik II can't finish with his left hand.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:14:14 PM »
Up two with 7 secs remaining in the 1st OT and we only have commited 4 fouls.  Why didn't we use the two fouls before the bonus to use up all the clock?  Instead Norm has us pressing and switching so they go right in for the uncontested tying basket.  Mind boggling.

Malik II can't finish with his left hand.

Did anybody see the current Sienna coach and future SJU coach? in the MAAC final against fairfield?

Game tied with 13 secs left, Fairfield ball.  Sienna has only commited 3 fouls.  Sienna uses their 3 fouls before the bonus judiciously so that Fairfield doesn't even get a shot attempt off. Sienna wins in OT and goes dancing. Exactly what we needed to do against Depaul.

How does Norm and staff not know about this?