Boothe and Burrell.....................

• 18 replies

xhoops

Boothe and Burrell.....................
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
Boothe plays 31 minutes as the PG and has ZERO assists and 1-6 shooting, 2 points

Burrell he plays  just 13 minutes and he is 2-2 (inside the 3 ) and scores  5 points

The game is lost by just two points.....hmmmm

Foad

Re: Boothe and Burrell.....................
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
Boothe plays 31 minutes as the PG and has ZERO assists and 1-6 shooting, 2 points

Burrell he plays  just 13 minutes and he is 2-2 (inside the 3 ) and scores  5 points

The game is lost by just two points.....hmmmm

You're delusional. Burrell had his head up his ass for two days.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:21:38 AM »
 Valid point about Burrell.  Not seeing how Boothes minutes have anything to do with Burrells though.  JB needs more minutes, no doubt.  That being said, Evans did a great job yesterday( from my budweiser fogged glasses) and was a presense down low.
 DJ missed the front of the one and one when we were up 2.  that was the game.  he makes those. StJ probably wins and Norms may keep his job.
  I still think Mason was our best low post player. 

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »
I think Burrell could have hit that 3/4 shot at the end instead of Boothe

xhoops

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »
Valid point about Burrell.  Not seeing how Boothes minutes have anything to do with Burrells though.  JB needs more minutes, no doubt.  That being said, Evans did a great job yesterday( from my budweiser fogged glasses) and was a presense down low.
 DJ missed the front of the one and one when we were up 2.  that was the game.  he makes those. StJ probably wins and Norms may keep his job.
  I still think Mason was our best low post player.
My point was the incredible loss of potential.......if they get 8 points out of  JUSTIN they win the game........hell my RN wife could realize that.......and figure out he needs to be playing and getting the ball. Who couldn't with an ALL BIG EAST Rookie talent as the announcers mentioned.......oops we found somebody !

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »
xhoops don't worry --- our coach next year might get Burrell to a point where he's a borderline 2nd round pick in the NBA....I really believe it...
"I drink and I know things"

xhoops

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:21:16 AM »
xhoops don't worry --- our coach next year might get Burrell to a point where he's a borderline 2nd round pick in the NBA....I really believe it...
Good words......I think he is that right now if he starts and plays a full game. Far more than that with a real offense that uses him and gets him opportunities. He  is a double- double guy as he showed late in the season...but everything starts with opportunity.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »
I don't get how you compare a PG's minutes to PF's?

Evans and Brownlee were both playing very well yesterday. I do think more minutes could have been found for Burrell but I fail to see how Boothe gets thrown in here.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »
Burrell needs to work on his hands and post moves

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 12:14:12 PM »

His hands need to get stronger and his handle needs to improve. His handle has slightly improved over the years but it needs more intense training to get him "NBA ready"

xhoops

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »

Evans and Brownlee were both playing very well yesterday. I do think more minutes could have been found for Burrell but I fail to see how Boothe gets thrown in here.
Geeze Dave.......The whole point was Boothe's lack of productivity and not using Burrell(for no reason) who three announcers have now stated is the most feared player on the team by opposing coaches. Really, could have found a few more minutes for our only ALL BIG EAST  ROOKIE talent (than 13 minutes)?. That's very generous......lol.

boo3

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »

Geeze Dave.......The whole point was Boothe's lack of productivity and not using Burrell(for no reason) who three announcers have now stated is the most feared player on the team by opposing coaches. Really, could have found a few more minutes for our only ALL BIG EAST  ROOKIE talent (than 13 minutes)?. That's very generous......lol.

Yesterday Evans and Brownlee were more active and more productive.Norm played the hot hand. nothing wrong with that in my eyes.  There is no alternative to Boothe.  Apples and oranges.

xhoops

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
No post moves are necessary without minutes or passes, however. Everything starts with that.

xhoops

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 01:59:03 PM »

Yesterday Evans and Brownlee were more active and more productive.Norm played the hot hand. nothing wrong with that in my eyes.  There is no alternative to Boothe.  Apples and oranges.
Hot hand...Burrell was 2-2 other than the half ending 3. Who knows what he could have racked up?

boo3

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 02:01:37 PM »
point is:  Brownlee and evans were better yesterday.  not putting down Burrell, its just the way the game played out.  I'd love to see Burrell get more minutes, touches, etc..  But his lack of minutes didn't affect the outcome yesterday. those other two played better.  period. 

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
No post moves are necessary without minutes or passes, however. Everything starts with that.

How many times does he get stuck underneath the basket this season? How many times did he pickup his dribble and get tangled up and a jump ball called this season? Thats the stuff he needs to straighten out

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »

How many times does he get stuck underneath the basket this season? How many times did he pickup his dribble and get tangled up and a jump ball called this season? Thats the stuff he needs to straighten out

That's the kind of stuff a REAL coach needs to help him figure out!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
I do think Burrell could have been just as effective as Brownlee and Evans yesterday. However Brownlee and Evans were huge in our 2nd half run. You can't sit those guys when we were on a tear due to their ability to run and finish.

boo3

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
I do think Burrell could have been just as effective as Brownlee and Evans yesterday. However Brownlee and Evans were huge in our 2nd half run. You can't sit those guys when we were on a tear due to their ability to run and finish.

exactly the point i was trying to convey.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:44:23 PM by boo3 »