STORM!

• 3 replies
STORM!
« on: March 13, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
What a crazy day! I just tried making it in to work in the city and I cant even make it passed 2 blocks from my house. I live in Rockaway, the ocean is coming up the street and the foam from the ocean is everywhere-all over the car too. Power lines sparking in the streets which are black because of no power. Looks like the end of the world down here. Belt Parkway is completed closed

mkras99

Re: STORM!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:28:59 PM »
Hopefully McD's has someone to cover your fry shift tonight :) (sorry, had to). The LIRR is a mess tonight (we got lucky, coming back from visiting my parents in Baldwin. Only had to wait an extra 10 mins for the train we're on now).

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
Hopefully McD's has someone to cover your fry shift tonight :) (sorry, had to). The LIRR is a mess tonight (we got lucky, coming back from visiting my parents in Baldwin. Only had to wait an extra 10 mins for the train we're on now).

;D I work at the Time Warner Center on 58th and 8th ave. they tried getting me in early because the building has sprung leaks all over the place. Sorry, aint making it. I though I heard on 1010 wins there was no LIRR trains running

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »
Great job outta LIPA in a big spot! LOst power for just over an hour,figured it was out for the night. It wouldnt be so bad,had my candles and flashlight-was gonna read the paper and listen to the Big East championship. Turn the radio on,WFAN has hockey and ESPN radio has the Knicks. I had to suffer thru Toney Douglas and Bill Walker.