Is everyone on campus?

• 167 replies
Re: Is everyone on campus?
« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
Barkley was not guilty and the situation did not "reek". The NCAA was after him for sure, but despite the manpower they through at the matter, they proved nothing, nada, zero. I was close to the situation and know the NCAA had nothing. How can alleged SJU fans attack our own former players. Our fans need to get ahold of their emotions and think twice before they defame former, current, or prospective players.

Very well said....Just remember that the negative is always the loudest and that misery loves company

Erick borrowed his Uncles Jeep...Complete BS that the NCAA tried to make something out of nothing...Even Coach K knew it was a BS witch hunt and told the Cameron crazies to leave him alone because it was BS

Barkley was one of my favorite players at St. John's so I hope you can pass along that the LARGE majority of Redmen fans wish him very well and hope that everything is good with him and his family

MCNPA

« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2011, 08:56:36 PM »
Why would he go back to a school where he knows the classes are too hard for him? I really don't get that.

all three reportedly got straight A's at an NCAA accredited school.  what were they supposed to do...teach the classes???

The NCAA has rules that are no secret to recruits. These rules are here for a reason. Are we really going to blame them for this? What about personal responsibility? We know they spent the summer playing basketball. It is abundantly clear that was a terrible use of their time.

We went through this w Barkley. The kid was guilty. Jarvis threw it in their face, and embarrassed the university because he's a hot head.

Actually, the NCAA is certainly to blame for some of it.  They got their grades and did what they were supposed to do.  It is ridiculous that the NCAA can declare kids ineligible because at the last minute they decide not to take the grades from a certain school.  A school that has been operating for a few years.  The kids didn't get it done in HS for sure, but they did what they needed to as did SJU.  It's the magic 8-ball that the NCAA has that decides a lot of this and leaves kids hanging. 

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:55 PM »
It has been reported (I forget where-maybe Newsday) that all 3 took three courses and all 3 got A's in all 3 classes and Ncaa didn't believe or accept the grades without further proof which was then furnished and they still did not believe or accept them. Guess whoever fixed the grades should have thrown in some B's and C+'s if all they needed was to pass the courses. Reminds me of when I changed my report card in 6th grade from some C's to a's and my father who happened to be a NYC detective at the time questioned me about it. I of course denied it and thought at the time he bought it but I am sure he knew the truth.

Moose

« Reply #163 on: September 16, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Reminds me of when I changed my report card in 6th grade from some C's to a's and my father who happened to be a NYC detective at the time questioned me about it. I of course denied it and thought at the time he bought it but I am sure he knew the truth.

Did you eventually fess up at some point?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #164 on: September 16, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
Reminds me of when I changed my report card in 6th grade from some C's to a's and my father who happened to be a NYC detective at the time questioned me about it. I of course denied it and thought at the time he bought it but I am sure he knew the truth.

Did you eventually fess up at some point?
No my father surprising let it go but I saved the report card and years later when I looked at it I realized what a piss poor job I did at changing the grades and realize my father had to have known that is why I am surprised he let it go. Was afraid to bring a sub par report card home as my father was pretty demanding. Only time I ever lied to him in my life right up until this day and I just turned 57 yrs old.

ras

« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2011, 09:50:04 PM »
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. If the school is legit the NCAA should accept the courses unless they have PROOF of wrongdoing, or there is something I am not aware of.

Moose

« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
In this country you are innocent until proven guilty. If the school is legit the NCAA should accept the courses unless they have PROOF of wrongdoing, or there is something I am not aware of.

3 players who need to get eligible take 3 classes and get straight A's?
That wouldnt make you think twice?
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
I dont dissagree but if a teacher thaught a student was cheating but had absolutely no proof he cant throw the student out of the school.