Nobody does it better

• 3 replies
Nobody does it better
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »
This past coaching search and hire worked out perfectly.  10 days of big time media exposure for the school; regular espn commentary on it, always mentioned on the 880 and 1010 fifteen, multiple post and news back pages, bigtime play on 660 and 1050 including my favorite, Mike just fielding suggestions of candidates for hour upon hour. The amount of people that called in with interest about the program was mind boggling when you look at our attendance.

Everytime a coach turned us down or was perceived to have turned us down we just got more coverage.

Then in the end we get a jewel of a candidate.  It's going to be a big time boost in attendance.

Way to go SJU.

Re: Nobody does it better
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »
Did you hear anything about Depaul or Seton Hall job? Nope.

And some people say we're irrelevant
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
This search just goes to show you how SJU is still a big part of college basketball and the NY sports scene. If we cant get back to a point where we are making the NCAAs almost every year and are making some sweet 16s we will be all over the radio, newspapers, and TV. If we get back to a few winning season the fans and the media will come back to us. SJU has a ton of dormant fans and if Lavin brings us back we will be a power again of the NY sports scene. When I where my SJU sweatshirt in public I have tons of people talk to me about the team and if we have success a lot of those fans that couldnt take the losing will come back in a big way.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:11:32 PM »
We weren't just in NY sports scene we were all over the country. CBS, Fox, ESPN, anyone and everyone was talking about us.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle