FYI: Update on Niko Roberts + Norm

• 3 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
FYI: Update on Niko Roberts + Norm
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »
Niko Roberts will be a walkon at Kansas:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jun/06/ku-adds-pair-basketball-walk-ons-wesley-roberts/

“[Niko] was part of everything going on,” Norm said. “And he’s been around coach Self for a long time. My wife and I are really proud of him. He’s going to KU for physical therapy. Obviously, Kansas is one of the best schools in the nation in that particular field. He considered VCU and East Carolina. He was accepted at a number of places. He’s really strong academically. With the opportunity to attend one of the best schools for physical therapy and the opportunity to play at KU, I don’t think it was a tough decision. He’s really excited about the opportunity.”

Niko will room with incoming KU freshman Royce Woolridge, while Wesley will be a roommate of fellow Texan Chase Buford. KU now has six walk-ons on the roster: They are: Wesley, Roberts, Buford, Jordan Juenemann, C.J. Henry and Conner Teahan.

Norm Roberts said he plans to do some TV work next season.

“I had some opportunities in coaching,” Norm said, “but they didn’t fit right now. I’m hoping to do some TV work and consider possible coaching opportunities in the future.”

Re: FYI: Update on Niko Roberts + Norm
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:15:12 PM »
best of luck Nico.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 01:09:57 PM »
If he had gone to St.John's, and underperformed, would Norm have had him transfer out?

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »
Guys. . we are all above still taking shots at Norm Roberts.