Will the alleyoop be in offensive game plan?

• 4 replies
Will the alleyoop be in offensive game plan?
« on: September 26, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
We have some serious high flyers on this team. Will we finally see it to good use and start seeing some alley oops on the regular? I know some traditionalists may feel oops are not high percentage however they can be highly effective. Last year at Duke when DJ through an alleyoop to I believe Evans I got really excited for the season but that was the last I saw of it all year. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

Re: Will the alleyoop be in offensive game plan?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »
I think alley-oops are great when used in the correct situations.  You are right that this year we have a vast array of guys that would be perfect to run a couple plays for it.  The only thing I don't want to see is it being over used.  Back in the Ryan Williams days it seemed like when he was on the court that is all we tried to do.  Oops are great when used in the right situation but when they are not they lead to bad possessions and stupid turnovers.  I can't wait to see Polee's first dunk off a Oop though!

Poison

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 12:19:34 PM »
Too bad Ryan Williams didn't play more. He couldn't shoot it to save his life, but he rebounded, got down the floor and he could finish.

Polee will probably not play too much at first, but we've been watching this same group for 3 years, and know it's only a matter of time before they get hurt.

If Polee isn't made if glass, he'll make a big impact on this team. I like him at the 3, with DJ at the 2, Boothe at the P.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
Too bad Ryan Williams didn't play more. He couldn't shoot it to save his life, but he rebounded, got down the floor and he could finish.

Polee will probably not play too much at first, but we've been watching this same group for 3 years, and know it's only a matter of time before they get hurt.

If Polee isn't made if glass, he'll make a big impact on this team. I like him at the 3, with DJ at the 2, Boothe at the P.

Polee will definitely see time early on. Those are the game that you get guys into the mix more so than conference play.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 12:50:59 PM »
I agree, Lavin has to let the 3 underclassmen get some experience against the Wagners & Fordhams so that they aren't so green in 11-12.

Even with a great freshman class and strong jucos, we'll need experienced players to lead by example.

For all we know, the captain in 11-12 is Malik Stith. We have heard that he's a really hard worker-and I hope it's true.

Speaking of dunking, Quincy Roberts has shown us some ups. He didn't have a well rounded game, but maybe he's improved.

Anyone heard anything about his progress?