A Few ?s

• 9 replies
A Few ?s
« on: February 07, 2008, 10:49:57 PM »
I just read the article about students being thrown out of the gtown game for standing.  Unfortunately i wasn't able to make it to the game but i was just wondering exactly how persistant they were being about this cause there is no way i'm gonna go to a game and sit in a chair after paying 250 for season tickets and 7.50 for a friggin beer.  My other question is regarding the little teaser on the front page of johnny jungle regarding coach Knight i was just wondering if there was any truth behind this rumor or if it was just placed there for shits and giggles.  As much as I highly doubt that would ever actually happen if there was any chance at all i'd push for it very hard I feel a no nonsense coach like knight is EXACTLY what our program needs to get us turned around.  A big name like that would help us in recruiting and definitely get our players to buy into his gameplans.  I do like norm as a recruiter hell i pray every night that burrell doesn't skip town but i've just seen to many times where our team looks lost on the court.  I know what you guys are thinking this is just one die hard fans pipe dreams but i definitely don't think coach knight is retired and i think he just wants to coach at a "big name" school again and lets face it guys despite how abysmal we've been in recent years 5th or whatever we are on the all time wins list St. John's IS a big name basketball school.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:53:10 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

Randomhero423

Re: A Few ?s
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:50:58 PM »
bob knight will prob return to coaching in 2 years.  nobody knows where.  i'd guess somewhere in the south.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:08:19 AM »
MSG article has received a lot of recognition nationally it was the top rated article for a few days on www.ballhype.com and I've seen it on other blogs and forums too. So next game is against Nova we stand strong, if they tell us to site we stand strong. Let them kick us all out and all hell will break loose in the media it will be very bad PR for MSG/St. John's.

As for Knight we can only hope. This article is posted now. Its also on Ballhype.com so if you want to get the word out nationally vote for it!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:40:39 AM »
Oh man. First I read Pat Summit and now Bob Knight. Who next? Santa Claus?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Oh man. First I read Pat Summit and now Bob Knight. Who next? Santa Claus?

Nah, maybe Dean Smith will make a comeback :)

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
actually brady from LSU is available

Poison

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »
Bobby Knight is a lunatic. We had a Bobby Knight type in Fran Frascilla, and look where it got us? In the top 10.
Maybe Bobby Knight should be offered a mutli-year deal?

He's not nice to kids sometimes. He yells at them sometimes. That's okay by me. Coach Knight ain't perfect, and we've all seen how he's flipped out in the past, but there are a lot of kids that deserve to be held in choke hold from time to time.

Imagine Bobby Knight pulling Avery Patterson from a game, Knight scaring the crap out of him, and when he gets back into the game he actually hustles. Maybe it's because he's afraid for his life, but so what? He's in no danger.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 02:38:56 PM »
bob knight will prob return to coaching in 2 years.  nobody knows where.  i'd guess somewhere in the south.

what would ever give you the inclination that this would happen..?

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »

jay bilas and other espn guys are saying it's a sure thing he's going to come back and he's just tired and will take a break. 

i just assumed the south or mid west because he grew up in ohio and he likes hunting all of that stuff. and i'm not sure if he'd go all the way to the north east just for another job when he can basically choose what school.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »

Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't he said in some of the interviews since this went down that he doesn't consider his resignation from T Tech a retirement.