Justin Brownlee

• 10 replies
Justin Brownlee
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
             JB11 may be inconsistent, but when he is on he has a great overall game. I don’t think there’s anyone besides Hatten over the last ten years who has the talent that he has. He can get by people off the dribble and he can finish well with both hands.
The best part about him is his ability to break the press or grab a rebound and push the ball up the court with the dribble. He is by far our best player in transition.

If Justin plays consistently good for the rest of the season I think we can beat anyone. In not looking at the stats but I would guess most of our wins have coincided with big games from him and vice verse with losses
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

Re: Justin Brownlee
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:33:53 PM »
Brownlee has a great skill set and I think he capable of scoring more. There are certain game where we don't get him the ball enough or he stays on the perimeter too much. He was not utilized well in the Rutgers game until the very end. He can get to the rim as well and hit the face up and fadeaway jump shot out to the foul line with ease. His ability to lead the break has lead to a ton of easy baskets for us, he really has an amazing skill I just wish he got the ball a little more. He is very unselfish but at some points I wish he would look for his shot more often.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 01:10:08 PM »
Brownlee has a great skill set and I think he capable of scoring more. There are certain game where we don't get him the ball enough or he stays on the perimeter too much. He was not utilized well in the Rutgers game until the very end. He can get to the rim as well and hit the face up and fadeaway jump shot out to the foul line with ease. His ability to lead the break has lead to a ton of easy baskets for us, he really has an amazing skill I just wish he got the ball a little more. He is very unselfish but at some points I wish he would look for his shot more often.

Perfect example is Rutgers game.  Granted he had the bum finger but he didn't get nearly enough touches and looks.  There is no excuse why guys like him Hardy and DJ should have at minimum 10 shots each game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »
 I would rather Brownlee not try and run the break ala Sean Evans, that he tends to try every so often. Less dribbling in the paint as well.  He has been a pleasant surprise.  Amazing that this kid couldn't get off the pine last year. 

More alarming is DJ.  I have no idea what is going on with him. Lack of aggression in every aspect of his offensive game.  Too many passed up jumpers from 12-15 feet.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:01 PM »

Perfect example is Rutgers game.  Granted he had the bum finger but he didn't get nearly enough touches and looks.  There is no excuse why guys like him Hardy and DJ should have at minimum 10 shots each game.

With this annoying wait until there is 9 seconds on the clock offense, there is only so many shots to be had.

Moose

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

With this annoying wait until there is 9 seconds on the clock offense, there is only so many shots to be had.

True but there were 49 shots last game.

DJ had only 3 attempts (0-3), JB32 had 6 (4-6) and Hardy had 13 (5-13).  That leaves 8 others shots that should have been taken among those 3 in my mind.   I don't think its happend with JB32 as much as DJ.  But I did say many times during Rutgers game that JB32 needed more involvement.  Twice we had 11 point leads, one in each half, and I think some more shots from him could have put the knife to the throat as opposed to letting them sneak back in it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:24:38 AM »
Interestingly enough, NBADraft.net has JBII going to Portland in the Second Round (Pick 48 overall).  That's ahead of Corey Fisher, Austin Freeman and Brad Wanamaker.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:44:48 AM »
Austin Freeman is too slow to play in the league. Good luck to him in China.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
Austin Freeman is too slow to play in the league. Good luck to him in China.

I kept saying he's too slow to play in the Big East, but...

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »
 >:( Thumb on left hand obviously bothering Brownlee. We need it to heal soon. This season ending depoends upon it.

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 04:23:39 PM »
Freeman is a fine BE player. GTown won't get out of the first round in March, but Freeman is scoring.
He's much better when there is no one guarding him.