Larry Wright

• 4 replies
Larry Wright
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:44:20 PM »
After missing only one and a half games due to a Joe Theismanesque leg injury Larry Legend is back and contributing to powerhouse Oakland's unprecedented undefeated conference record. This would be Oakland's second straight conference title and second straight NCAA tourney appearance which directly coincides with the Legend's appearance on campus. I think we should all take a moment to appreciate this former Johnny great's accomplishment and wish him well in recovering from his horrific injury and more importantly wish him luck in the NCAA tourney.
Not to beat a horse that is already glue but Norm really screwed the pooch on this one!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 05:00:12 PM by we are sju »

Re: Larry Wright
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »
After missing only one and a half games due to a Joe Theismanesque leg injury Larry Legend is back and contributing to powerhouse Oakland's unprecedented undefeated conference record. This would be Oakland's second straight conference title and second straight NCAA tourney appearance which directly coincides with the Legend's appearance on campus. I think we should all take a moment to appreciate this former Johnny great's accomplishment and wish him well in recovering from his horrific injury and more importantly wish him luck in the NCAA tourney.
Not to beat a horse that is already glue but Norm really screwed the pooch on this one!

Congrats Wasju.  I'm very happy that your muse is doing so well.  However,  I have my doubts as to weather one could come back in 1 1/2 games from a "Joe Theismanesque leg injury".  ;D

True dat Norm's inability to judge talent is legendary.  Recall that this is the man that had Hardy boyz and JB2, our two best players, glued to the bench getting less burn than Malik II?  :uglystupid2:

Poison

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
Hardy didn't get less burn than Malik Stith.
He was given playing time, and so was Brownlee.

Norm's biggest problem was that he too stupid to
make an adjustment of any kind.

Brownlee looks like an all big east player this year.
Hardy could be a 3rd or even a 2nd teamer. They're not locks,
but they're in the discussion.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 01:14:43 AM »
"Recall that this is the man that had Hardy boyz and JB2, our two best players, glued to the bench getting less burn than Malik II?" 

Hardy didn't get less burn than Malik Stith.
He was given playing time, and so was Brownlee.

Ok.  Here we go with the first installment of St. John players by roman numerals CI:

Malik I = Malik Sealy
Malik II = Malik Boothe
Malik III = Malik Stith

JBI = Justin Burrell
JBII= Justin Brownlee

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Last night Oakland improved to 12-0 in the conference as Legend exploded for 17 points on 6-8 shooting including 5-6 from three. What made this performance even more impressive is that I am told Larry did this with his ankle basically being held together by tape. My sources have told me that the doctors warned Larry that a bad hit on his ankle could cause his foot to fly completely off. Larry gutted it out anyway and put up those incredible numbers. The Legend continues to grow.