Hardy or Hatten

• 79 replies

tims19

Re: Hardy or Hatten
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 07:20:45 PM »
that was really sweet, but this is hardys home town... only makes sense, he's really our home town hero, like so many other players could be but hes just getting so much air time and puttin up so much crazy stuff

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
The gap is closing!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 09:12:29 AM »
Hardy just might pass Hatten at this rate. Let's remember when Hatten's Johnnies went 9-7 in 2002-2003, they beat some good teams, and several bad ones. Hardy and these Johnnies have taken out a quality opponent in 8 out of the 9 games they've won. It's only now, that it "appears" to get easier.

boo3

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2011, 06:11:33 PM »
 Gonna man up and admit i was wrong.   I'd like to change my vote.   :)

« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2011, 06:15:31 PM »
Gonna man up and admit i was wrong.   I'd like to change my vote.   :)

Me too!

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
I just voted - for Hardy. I was all for Hatten but after today who can compare with what Hardy has done for the team this season?

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2011, 06:56:11 PM »
I can reset this poll, but I'll leave that up to its creator

boo3

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2011, 07:06:58 PM »
  At the time of the poll i felt strongly about Hatten being better.  The last 2 or 3 weeks though Hardy has performed like non other, on a competitive team, against the best of the best.   No point in resetting the poll.   Hardy would win in a landslide. 

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2011, 07:12:11 PM »
  At the time of the poll i felt strongly about Hatten being better.  The last 2 or 3 weeks though Hardy has performed like non other, on a competitive team, against the best of the best.   No point in resetting the poll.   Hardy would win in a landslide. 

That is why I leave it up to Jungle man

boo3

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
  Gottdweeb and the other guy on espn just said he should be player of the year in the BE.   

shooting 53% from the field!  Thats sick for a guy who shoots from the outside.  That one three was from 30 feet out i think.  The baseline shot and the teardrop while floating out of bounds are NBA shots.

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »
  Gottdweeb and the other guy on espn just said he should be player of the year in the BE.   

shooting 53% from the field!  Thats sick for a guy who shoots from the outside.  That one three was from 30 feet out i think.  The baseline shot and the teardrop while floating out of bounds are NBA shots.

Hes lights out, a player that can carry a team thru.

Tha Kid

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
I was wrong, but its still hatten.  Hatten had shit around him.  If hardy wins be player of the year, take sus to the be finals, or gets us to the sweet 16, then ill change my vote.  But right now hes a hair behind.  Hatten had an amazing two year career for us.  Lets not forget that. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2011, 07:47:32 PM »
I was wrong, but its still hatten.  Hatten had shit around him.  If hardy wins be player of the year, take sus to the be finals, or gets us to the sweet 16, then ill change my vote.  But right now hes a hair behind.  Hatten had an amazing two year career for us.  Lets not forget that. 
Hatten had Elijah Ingram,Grady Reynold,Kyle Cuffe,Willie Shaw and Anthony Glover. 1 was a MCdonalds AA, another is the leading 3 point shooter in SJU history

Tha Kid

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2011, 08:11:39 PM »
Ingram blew.  Horne may pass shaw.  Brownlee and kennedy wayyyyyyy better than cuffe and reynolds.  Glover was bad by then - def no better than the burrell/polee/evans combo.
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2011, 08:12:52 PM »
Hardy has surpassed Hatten.
The BE Tourney and the NCAAs can cement that.

Still it's kinda silly to just compare the two without considering certain factors. Hatten had one good player on his team. Himself. Hardy had to overcome being coached by a complete nice person.

Hatten wasn't really able to overcome his teammates lack of ability, and in the end 9-7, and 7-9 was the best the team could do on his shoulders.

This current team is deeper, and more talented than either of the teams that Hatten played on. I think Justin Brownlee gets a lot of credit for that.
As does a hard working group of seniors.

Poison

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
Elijah Ingram was garbage. Come on Baldi. They were better with Andre Stanley running the offense.

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
Elijah Ingram was garbage. Come on Baldi. They were better with Andre Stanley running the offense.

Oh I agree, Ingram sucked these nuts. That team was hard to root for. Thugs from the coach on down

Poison

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2011, 08:22:43 PM »
Not all of them. Andre Stanley is a good guy. Anthony Glover didn't do anything but hustle.

Most of Jarvis' guys, I agree were awful.

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
Not all of them. Andre Stanley is a good guy. Anthony Glover didn't do anything but hustle.

Most of Jarvis' guys, I agree were awful.

You know what I mean. Tim Doyle couldnt transfer out fast enough

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »
No resetting of votes. People can live with their vote for now. Down the road I'm sure we'll be debating this part II
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle