Baylor, Oklahoma State and Oregon

• 3 replies

gonzalo

Baylor, Oklahoma State and Oregon
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:15:01 AM »
Of the 11 players that have committed to St. John´s with Coach Lavin (I have included Meikle and Thomas, too) these are the teams that the staff have outrecruited:

Three players: Baylor (Greene, Harrison and Sampson), Oklahoma State (Greene, Harrison and Lindsey) and Oregon (Garrett, Harkless and Polee).

Two players: Kentucky (Lindsey and Thomas) and Marquette (Greene and Harrison).

One player: Arizona (Harkless), Arizona State (Greene), Auburn (Lindsey), Cincinnati (Harkless), Florida (Harkless), Florida State (Harkless), Georgia (Polee), Kansas (Greene), Maryland (Harkless), Miami (Greene), Michigan (Pointer), Missouri (Greene), Rice (Meikle),
Rutgers (Harkless), Seton Hall (Meikle), Syracuse (Thomas), Tennessee (Samspon), Villanova (Thomas), Washington (Pelle) and West Virginia (Thomas).

Re: Baylor, Oklahoma State and Oregon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »
Of the 11 players that have committed to St. John´s with Coach Lavin (I have included Meikle and Thomas, too) these are the teams that the staff have outrecruited:

Three players: Baylor (Greene, Harrison and Sampson), Oklahoma State (Greene, Harrison and Lindsey) and Oregon (Garrett, Harkless and Polee).

Two players: Kentucky (Lindsey and Thomas) and Marquette (Greene and Harrison).

One player: Arizona (Harkless), Arizona State (Greene), Auburn (Lindsey), Cincinnati (Harkless), Florida (Harkless), Florida State (Harkless), Georgia (Polee), Kansas (Greene), Maryland (Harkless), Miami (Greene), Michigan (Pointer), Missouri (Greene), Rice (Meikle),
Rutgers (Harkless), Seton Hall (Meikle), Syracuse (Thomas), Tennessee (Samspon), Villanova (Thomas), Washington (Pelle) and West Virginia (Thomas).

Honestly, I don't think we actually outrecruited some of the schools you listed with some players.  OTOH, there are also some players who were recruited and offered by schools, in which you didn't list (ie, Kansas certainly went after Pelle and Sampson).

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »
We never outrecruited Kentucky.  Let's be clear about that.  There are different levels of interest.  Coaches send out feelers to some kids...the look into others...some kids they go hard after....and there are some kids they could take or leave to complete the roster (Meikle with Lavin).  If Cal wanted Lindsey--really wanted him--he would have got him.

Lav is awesome, but he can't go head to head with Cal just yet.  I expect that to change sooner rather than later.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:40 AM »
We never outrecruited Kentucky.  Let's be clear about that.  There are different levels of interest.  Coaches send out feelers to some kids...the look into others...some kids they go hard after....and there are some kids they could take or leave to complete the roster (Meikle with Lavin).  If Cal wanted Lindsey--really wanted him--he would have got him.

Lav is awesome, but he can't go head to head with Cal just yet.  I expect that to change sooner rather than later.

I don't disagree with you what so ever however in the case of Lindsey, St. John's had him locked up before any one could have a real chance. That's excellent early recruiting by Tony Chiles and rest of the staff.

Whats better for a boxer? Winning by 1st round KO or going 8 Rounds getting TKO?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle