Stith

• 60 replies
Re: Stith
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »

If this is the case, I can see Stith getting 15-20 mins a game. At least until Lindsey and/or Greene play that much better than him in games. I don't know why most of you don't see that.

I just don't see him playing that many minutes.  Lavin is building his team on length and athleticism and Stith lacks in both those categories.  I see more like 10 mins a game for Stith

Say what you want about Stith, but he certainly does not lack in athleticism.  The kid is a helluva athlete.  And he competes.  Let him play one game as an upperclassman before y'all throw dirt on him. 

Unless there is some sort of miraculous David Cain type transformation, Stith's value will be during practice and in case the new guys struggle. There are 10th, 1tth and 12th guys on scholarship who do not play. It will be good to have him on the team but not necessarily playing a big role.

I agree about the 11th, 12th and 13th guys on schollie.  Begs the question overall how we look the next few years and what new guys don't see many minutes.  There will be someone who isn't happy.  It's inevitable.  Especially when you start adding in the 2012 kids and so on.

On paper that player is Amir Garret.  He's the fourth ranked SF we have coming in, but he is really the only guy I could see playing big minutes at the two of that group. 

Funny thing is I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody told me Garrett was our starting two next year. Somebody will be left out, but it will be a great competition.  The cream will rise to the top.

Yup and some scollies might open up