Big East Schedule

• 32 replies
Re: Big East Schedule
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
on the flip side ND and Cuse at home again

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
ND on campus will never happen.  Their Subway alumni will never allow that to happen.  Traditional BE schools like a Georgetown and Syracuse are locks, Louisville is going to be a lock every year and they are going to be real good anyway.

I think Cincy is going to get a Garden date but just a guess.

Garden dates might be tough with the construction and the shorter window with Rangers and Knicks.

How many CA Big East games did we have last year?

4-Cincy, RU, DePaul, South Florida. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:58:42 PM by fordham96 »

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 06:06:29 PM »
Georgetown- we get a rival who may be down this year. I think we at least get a split.

Cincy- they are supposed to be good but they play stupid and give games away. I think we split.

Depaul- sucks 2 wins.

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 06:14:16 PM »
I love playing Georgetown twice.

MCNPA

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »
I like the teams we play twice.  We get DePaul who is not real strong yet.  We also get a traditional rival in Georgetown and Cuse at the Garden.  Much better to play Cuse at the Garden where we have a better chance to win as well as fill the Garden attendance-wise.  Bottom line is that any time we bring teams like Cuse, Uconn and other teams to the Garden, we get huge crowds which is good for the SJU wallet and our attendance. 

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
Tough schedule.  Syracuse at home is not such a positive to me...it's a loss.  I'd rather see USF at home and get the W. 

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:33 PM »
Tough schedule.  Syracuse at home is not such a positive to me...it's a loss.  I'd rather see USF at home and get the W.

USF on the road isn't a huge advantage for them.  Still need to beat teams like USF.  Still a better shot at Cuse in the garden than away.  It also helps attendance.

redslope

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Time to take away those NY's team tee shirts and what better place to do than the Garden

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
I think this schedule will work out to be very favorable for us because Seton Hall & Rutgers are both locals, we should have decent contingency's at both. UConn, Pitt, and Marquette will be traditional challenging road venues for us. USF, Georgetown, Depaul, and Cincy on the road we should get 2/4 at the least, probably take 3 of these 4. Home dates with Cuse, L'ville, and Nova will be challenging but we should match up well with L'ville and Nova off the bat. Will be interesting to see how our guys react to the zone though. The Home & Homes with Georgetown (rebuilding), Cincy (returns most of their scoring) and Depaul (should be 2 easy wins) should definitely be looked as favorable for us.

MCNPA

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
Seton Hall without Hazell doesn't scare me at all.  Without his pulling shots out of his rear end, they will have a much harder time with marginal talent.

TONYD3

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
We have to make a seton hall a home game for us. It is only a 15 minute train ride from Penn station.

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »
We have to make a seton hall a home game for us. It is only a 15 minute train ride from Penn station.

I was at that game last year, and thought that our fans did a pretty good job of coming out there.

The problem is that the Rock closes off the upper bowl for SHU games, so after SHU season tickes, and student tickets, there are only so many seats to be had.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »

I was at that game last year, and thought that our fans did a pretty good job of coming out there.

The problem is that the Rock closes off the upper bowl for SHU games, so after SHU season tickes, and student tickets, there are only so many seats to be had.

Our fans were def louder that game.  Problem is we had a let down and at the end wasn't much to cheer about.  If they are worse this year as expected I think we can again have crowd advantage.
Remember who broke the Slice news