Burrell

• 33 replies

Randomhero423

Re: Burrell
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 10:51:21 PM »
i didn't say he was.  but there was a rumor that he wanted to get out of his LOI to go there. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
i didn't say he was.  but there was a rumor that he wanted to get out of his LOI to go there. 
If he went to Nova he'd have to sit out 2 years-- Big East rules.  That's a non-starter because no one wants to hit the NBA at 22; unless your spectacular that age makes you a late-first round or second round pick.

Randomhero423

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
before the season started. he wanted out of his LOI to go to nova.  he wouldn't have to sit out.  it would be norm simply losing a recruit after he signed.  it wouldn't count as a transfer.

JB goin to nova now makes no sense and won't happen. 

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 02:19:53 PM »
why does everyone believe everything they hear as gospel?

I heard Justin wants to leave and play in Yugoslavia
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 02:52:12 PM »
If he went to Nova he'd have to sit out 2 years-- Big East rules.  That's a non-starter because no one wants to hit the NBA at 22; unless your spectacular that age makes you a late-first round or second round pick.

22 makes you a late first round pick...   are you joking... tons of high profile freshman are 20 years old...

Its rare these days for the kids to be the right age for freshman...

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
If you could take a 20 year old Justin Burrell or 22 year old Justin Burrell....most NBA scouts would suggest 20 year old. He has 2 years of NBA weight room and practice regiment under his belt that would be an advantage over the 22 year old. 

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
If you could take a 20 year old Justin Burrell or 22 year old Justin Burrell....most NBA scouts would suggest 20 year old. He has 2 years of NBA weight room and practice regiment under his belt that would be an advantage over the 22 year old. 

to discuss NBA at this point in time re: burrell...i dont see it happenin. not yet at least. the potential is definitely there....the same said with lamont prior to his senior year a projected 2nd round pick was not drafted because dominance was not demonstrated.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »

to discuss NBA at this point in time re: burrell...i dont see it happenin. not yet at least. the potential is definitely there....the same said with lamont prior to his senior year a projected 2nd round pick was not drafted because dominance was not demonstrated.

if lamont didn't get hurt he was getting drafted. I've said it before the Spurs were ga ga over him. Also the Warriors and Rockets were also highly interested. He couldn't participate in any camps due to injury.

Burrell shows range and leaping ability. His hands are shite and scouts could be turned off by his character(immaturity on the court) However if he develops a bit more and learns how to finish under the basket he is definitely NBA bound.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 04:22:28 PM »

22 makes you a late first round pick...   are you joking... tons of high profile freshman are 20 years old...

Its rare these days for the kids to be the right age for freshman...

I know the NBA talk is VERY premature for Burrell, but I want to address the "22 makes you a first round pick" skepticism.  I am not at all joking. 

pmg, look at the potential draft list on the left side and take in the ages: http://www.draftexpress.com/

The money is made by:
- the younger one-and-done players (who ooze potential) and
- the young international players. 

Then the can't miss juniors/ seniors (who won't go in the top 5 picks unless they're unbelievable) fit in.  And look who is there?  Centers Hibbert (who has that height you can't teach) and Thabeet and Hardin (who have the same quality).  NBA scouts take the 20 year old every single time.

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 01:34:34 AM »
I agree with Peter I think he is 100% on the money with what he is saying. Also we all know Justin is a bit of the flare for the dramatics but I wish he would learn to hone that and maybe look a little like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospDD4fXeYE&eurl=http://www.sportskolache.blogspot.com/

Happy 45th Birthday Chuck

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008, 06:33:48 PM »
I hate to harp on a kid but its so frustrating watching him play. He has loads of potential but he is holding himself back.  3 rebounds today and only 8 points off of 2-9 shooting. He wasn't even getting off his feet for rebounds and it looked like he was just going through the motions at one point he was walking up the court behind malik boothe while every other single player on the court duke included was in the half court set. He was just walking up and malik was looking to run a play and he was casually walking....walking!

I can tolerate mistakes being nervous as a freshman playing at cameron indoor but the lack of hustle and fight I can not. Every player on the team except Burrell and Mason our deemed two best players brought it hard today.

Randomhero423

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »
i said it this entire season his rebounding has got to improve.  i think he fell in love with that mid range shot a bit too much and should stick to being in the post. so he's near the basket as much as possible.

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »
this is from the daily news:

In the recent losses, Roberts has described the use of eight freshmen as a liability, but Burrell said the time for that has come and gone after 25 games.

"Truthfully, that young stuff is out of the door now," Burrell said. "We're college basketball players now. I never really liked that excuse that we used from the beginning that we're young, because in the end you're a basketball player. You know there are certain mistakes you can't (make).

"You know there are certain things you have to do. That's why we're at the Division I level. So, I really don't agree with that young excuse."

I agree he should be playing a whole lot better out there, but i really think Norm's BS excuses have gotten to JB's head...he is clearly not happy here. idc wat ppl say.

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 08:01:02 PM »
no one is happy when you're losing especially when you're accustomed to winning