« on: August 13, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=780

Projected Starting Lineup
PG: Nurideen Lindsey 6-4 Fr.
SG: D'Angelo Harrison 6-3 Fr.
SF: Maurice Harkless 6-6 Fr.
PF: Jakarr Sampson 6-8 Fr.
C: God's Gift Achiuwa 6-9 Fr.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: St. John's #48 [The Hoops Report]
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:08:18 AM »
I for one, love all of the press that St. John's has been getting since Coach Lavin's arrival. I know it's been mentioned a lot here in the past year, but I still enjoy all of the attention the team is getting. Now when I see tough teams or road games on the schedule, I don't think anymore, "Well, there's another loss!" And we got a recruit in 2012, that was also considering SU. Get used to it 'Cuse. Let's see Boeheim try to sell kids boring old Syracuse, compared to an exciting Lavin selling kids NYC! ;D

Poison

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 09:44:45 AM »
I'm not worried about Syracuse. Nova, WV, Uconn and Louisville have been owning our backyard.

One thing that I love about Lavin is that he landed one top NYC player, and then he went national for the rest.
That's a beautiful thing. We still made an impact locally, yet we expanded 3000 miles.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:10:15 PM by Poison »

crgreen

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
I'm not worried about Syracuse. Nova, WV, Uconn and Louisville have been owning our backyard.

One thing that I love about Lavin is that he landed one top NYC player, and then he went national for the rest.
That's a beautiful thing. We still made an impact locally, yet we expanded 3000 miles.

And I'm still waiting for our first Northern California recruit -  Not only is Coach Lavin a Bay Area kid, but there's gotta be some 4 or 5 Star kid in that half of the state that's grown up a Golden State Warriors fan, and KNOWS Rico's half decade with the team, and the props handed him by guys like Monta Ellis and Steph Curry for their development....

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 10:19:14 PM »
And I'm still waiting for our first Northern California recruit -  Not only is Coach Lavin a Bay Area kid, but there's gotta be some 4 or 5 Star kid in that half of the state that's grown up a Golden State Warriors fan, and KNOWS Rico's half decade with the team, and the props handed him by guys like Monta Ellis and Steph Curry for their development....

Other than Ashley (no longer in state), who Lavin would take in a heartbeat, the next best kids are probably 2013: Jabari Bird and Aaron Gordon. I caught Bird on TV once or twice and wasn't super impressed, but I know he's really highly rated. Have never seen Gordon, but people out here rave about him.

LJSA

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:47 PM »
Just looked on ESPN rankings and apparently Stephen Domingo out of San Francisco is really highly ranked as well. I've never heard of him, but with three guys in the top 28, it actually looks like 2013 is a great year for N. California.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »

And hopefully this trend can continue. Grab the top NY area kids like Kyle Anderson (12), Chris McCollough/Isaiah Whitehead (14) as well as having good connections nationally