Criticism

• 1 replies
Criticism
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »
...of the team, the players, the Coach and Father Harrington is so over-the-top and negative that it is sometimes ridiculous.  This is more true of the other two boards than this one.  I, too, am disappointed by our lack of success and the blow-outs but I cheer and root for this team every second of every game.  I keep hoping that each game will be the next victory in a long and successful coaching career for Norm Roberts.  I will support him until the day that he is no longer our coach (Kool Aid?).

I will agree that recruiting could be better, but I think it has improved each year so far.  I'm disappointed that we have not gotten any of our targets for '08.  Norm would have to pull a miracle to make '08 a successful recruiting season.  That being said, I think the current group of Freshmen will get better and we will be more competitive next year.  At the risk of a great deal of derision from all of those who are smarter than me, I would like to see Norm given the opportunity to coach the team next year...and then I might feel otherwise.

Randomhero423

Re: Criticism
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:36:07 PM »
but it's been the same story every year.  "let's see how norm does with his players" "the freshman are good".  then either they transfer or don't qualify.  and his in game coaching is mind boggling.  if we keep him for another year we'll be in the bottom of the conference still.  there is simply way too many good coaches for norm to be successful...