Burrell off the bench....

• 7 replies
Burrell off the bench....
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:25:00 PM »
We've seen Norm bench every guy on the team except for Burrell. Norm stresses who ever works the hardest and plays the hardest will play but we haven't seen it from Justin. Is he immune from everything else the rest of the players on the team are subject to? Would benching him motivate him to play harder or just destroy whatever shrivel of confidence he has left?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Burrell off the bench....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:06:10 PM »
No...but Burrell has to man up...he's got the ability but seems to lose focus when he gets frustrated.  Forget about the refs...forget about the wins/losses and play your hardest all the time.

That being said...he's the least of our problems.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »
i dont think benching him is the right answer, but he needs something to get his head back in the game. like jumpinjohnny said, when things dont go his way he loses focus and gets frustrated. its aggravating watching him walk down the court when he gets pissed...kids got so much potential but it looks like his attitude is getting in the way and he needs some discipline
We Not Me

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »
I've always been a believer of its not who starts the game but rather who finishes it. When I posed the question I'm not saying don't play him as much but perhaps losing his starting gig will hurt his pride and maybe motivate him maybe crush him....
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »
I agree

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 09:28:20 AM »
I dont think benching Burrell is the answer.  I have never met the kid but by watching him on the court his personality seems to insinuate that if he were bennch he would just get pissed at Norm not play harder.  Norm has to sit the kid down and tell him that he is the best player on the team and he needs to start demanding the ball and dominating his opponent.  Kid needs the ball and a little bit more of a cocky attitude.  I want to see him posterize some people !

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
He's the last guy that needs to be benched on this team.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »
I dont think benching Burrell is the answer.  I have never met the kid but by watching him on the court his personality seems to insinuate that if he were bennch he would just get pissed at Norm not play harder.  Norm has to sit the kid down and tell him that he is the best player on the team and he needs to start demanding the ball and dominating his opponent.  Kid needs the ball and a little bit more of a cocky attitude.  I want to see him posterize some people !

agreed...different guys are motivated in different ways...just a hunch but I don't think JB would react too well to this.  He's a freshman with a lot on his shouders...he'll be fine.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!