How bad a hit at the gate?

• 7 replies

jr49

How bad a hit at the gate?
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »
People finally started coming back because the team was winning. I don't see how 7 newbies can get it done. Does this mean 5,500 at MSG when the school coulda been looking at 12,000? Empty place also puts a stink on recruiting.
          If a kid can't get eligible in 4 years at H.S. what's he gatta get done between now and December?   

Moose

Re: How bad a hit at the gate?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
People finally started coming back because the team was winning. I don't see how 7 newbies can get it done. Does this mean 5,500 at MSG when the school coulda been looking at 12,000? Empty place also puts a stink on recruiting.   

No
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
So the team runs all over smaller out of conference teams, gets these guys back by December, recharged energy. It's a big speed bump.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
So the team runs all over smaller out of conference teams, gets these guys back by December, recharged energy. It's a big speed bump.

That would be great, and all 3 have a few months to make this right. The only thing I care about now is if these guys understand that this is 100% on them. you make your own luck.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 12:35:08 AM »
It is wonderful to be so confident in speaking ill of these young men despite having no personal knowledge of what exactly happened, when it occurred,  what the circumstances were, and indeed, who was responsible. We need to lighten up, guys. At least wait for the facts before thrashing our players.

ras

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 11:55:52 AM »
Making a statement that you make your own luck is not trashing the recruits. The recruits must take the correct courses and really hit the books. Lavin cant take their tests for them.

Wods317

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
It is wonderful to be so confident in speaking ill of these young men despite having no personal knowledge of what exactly happened, when it occurred,  what the circumstances were, and indeed, who was responsible. We need to lighten up, guys. At least wait for the facts before thrashing our players.

Agreed, but at the same time there are thousands of student athletes who handle their business and graduate and qualify with ease. These guys (and I'm not just talking about the kids that didn't qualify) are so busy focusing on basketball they are all to quick to forget about school work. I know its the way of big time athletics now but these high school coaches and programs should be looking out for these kids more and develop them on and off the court.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 03:22:30 AM »
I feel like some people on this site are making the situation to be worse then it is. The worst thing that i think is gonna come out of this is the experience and practice the players will miss. I think/hope that we will have all 3 players back in december. Wich means they will miss MOST, not all of our out of conference cupcakes as well as the cvc classic and kentucky game. I cant wait to have all the players back at stj and have the whole class back together. This season wont be as long as some of you think