New Garden seating chart

• 15 replies

Poison

New Garden seating chart
« on: September 27, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
Did anyone else hear that the students are going to be behind both baskets this season?

Re: New Garden seating chart
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 12:06:18 AM »
Did anyone else hear that the students are going to be behind both baskets this season?

The students were always behind both baskets.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
Yes, I'm sorry, you're right. But are they now on both sides and the left and right of each basket as well?
I heard that students will be the only fans behind each basket. Just trying to find out if that's true.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
Where is the seating chart?

Great title by the way.

redslope

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »
the chart came in the package for renewal of season tickets.  i wouldn't be surprised that it is posted on MSG web site

Poison

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
My point was ask about the students and where they'll be sitting. The seating chart is on the MSG site. Of course.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »
My seats were moved a few rows up. I just got my renewal. Has anyone been to the garden lately? If so how does it look?

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:06 PM »
I heard that students will be the only fans behind each basket. Just trying to find out if that's true.

Fingers crossed that this is finally true.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

I have been advocating for this. However, if the students fail to man up in the early going, they should lose the right to those seats. We'll accept you as front-runners, because that's what you are, but dammit, you better show up.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »

I have been advocating for this. However, if the students fail to man up in the early going, they should lose the right to those seats. We'll accept you as front-runners, because that's what you are, but dammit, you better show up.
  You might see Boooooothe in the front of the student section but I certainly wouldn't call him a front runner.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Yes, there are plenty of students that are just there because we are winning but that shouldn't discount the group of about 50-75 kids who have gone to all the games throughout the lean years and continue to support the squad.  Poison, I also don't get how you can call the students out as front-runners when the general population of fans did an even crappier job of going to games.  I have a hard time blaming anyone for not going to games during the Norm era.  If you aren't a hardcore basketball fan it could not have been very fun watching that crap.  Students will not go to events that aren't fun, especially if they have to pay money to go to them and losing every game is certainly not fun.

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
We need to be in front to have "frontrunners". Making the first round of one NCAA appearance followed by a team with 6 scholarship players who are all freshmen/jc's doesn't put us in front of anybody right now.  If we'repeatedly advancing several rounds into the NCAA's in the future, then we can address them issue once again.  Right now we need all the student support we can get.

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 09:54:54 AM »
Regardless of why they come the more students the better. They are the life blood of our geriatric fan base. Look at the supporters in the stands. Half of them (like me) look like they're attending the game posthumously. Sure. it's the win we're looking for, but it's also the unbridled enthusiasm and spontaneous inanities of the students that make going to a game worthwhile.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 11:55:33 AM »
The general population of fans significantly out numbers the students both on campus and at MSG.
In an arena that seats less than 6000, that's pretty sad.

Perhaps frontrunners wasn't the best choice of words. Maybe fair-weather fans, flakes or simply people with low character or pride in their decision to attend SJU. Plenty of schools have put a bad product on the floor and were still shown support by the students. If you don't go to the school, you owe them nothing.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
The general population of fans significantly out numbers the students both on campus and at MSG.
In an arena that seats less than 6000, that's pretty sad.

Perhaps frontrunners wasn't the best choice of words. Maybe fair-weather fans, flakes or simply people with low character or pride in their decision to attend SJU. Plenty of schools have put a bad product on the floor and were still shown support by the students. If you don't go to the school, you owe them nothing.

Not everyone who goes to school likes basketball.  In fact, believe it or not, a large majority of the school is here to just get an education.  Just because they didn't pay to come to see crappy Norm Roberts basketball doesn't mean they have low character.  Most students commute to campus and work at the same time.  St. John's isn't like many other Big East schools where all the students do is go to school and party.  It's hard for commuters who are on campus 2-3 days a week to come to school on an off-day or arrange to come back to school after their classes to see a basketball team that sucks. 

Now that we are winning basketball games are starting to be viewed as a fun event.  Why can't you just be happy that people are now coming to games?  I know being in the student section is a lot more fun when it's full than when it's empty and I'm sure it's more enjoyable for other fans to have a loud arena.  Also, any school that is a perennial loser takes a hit at the gate, and when they get back on track they start drawing fans.  It happens to all schools and professional teams.  People don't like losers.  You put 7 years of losing basketball at any school and they will lose their fans.

Also, students don't owe it to the school to go to a basketball game, especially if the school didn't put any commitment to the program by letting Norm stick around for so long.  I think the 30000 dollar tuition bill erases any indebtedness a student has to the school.

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:48 PM »

Youre still in school?