St. John's @ Georgetown Pre Game Discussion

• 19 replies
St. John's @ Georgetown Pre Game Discussion
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:46:02 PM »
Calm Before the Storm will be up tomorrow morning lets get some good pre-game chatter going with some predictions.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kjd01067

Re: St. John's @ Georgetown Pre Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »
I dont see this one going to well for us !  Too much size and talent on G-Town.  If we want any chance of keeping it close we need to get Hibbert in foul trouble again and Mase and Burrell have to play up to their capabilities.  I dont think Mase and Burrell have both had good games in the same game all season.  It seems like one is hot and the other is cold or they are both ice cold.  Im praying for a watchable and competitve game.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:07:23 PM »
We can only hope that Georgetown looks past us, since their last 2 games are against Marquette and Louisville.
We also "should" have some motivation because the 12 seed is not of the picture yet.

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »
We will lose.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »
Really like this what Peter did in his preview on his blog I think everyone should give it a read....

http://theeastcoastbias.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/178/

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »
Good read !  Guy really knows what he is talking about unlike most people outside the STJ community.  Makes some good points.  Still just hoping for a competitive and watchable game.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 01:25:59 AM »
Roberts should give these kids a beak, and play the freshman. Let Paris Horne have some of Geno's minutes.
Give Evans all of Jasuloines' minutes. Both are raw, but both have had some moments. I thought for the time they played,
they were the best Johnnies on the court Saturday. Given 30 minutes Horne might have dropped 15-20 points.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 01:46:01 AM »
Tomas hasn't really been getting minutes as of late and Paris has been playing more lately. Have you been missing games poison? tisk tisk

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 05:44:01 AM »
It was ugly at the Garden.  What'll happen on the road?

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
We will lose.

BAD  GTOWN giving 19.5  WOW.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:55:54 AM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 10:50:19 AM »
I cant imagine Norm being here next year.  We will be talking about the same scenarios.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
I wouldn't take St. John's with the spread. I predicted Gtown by 21... 77-56

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »
norms/genos pregame quotes:

"Our main goal is to make Big East play," said Eugene Lawrence, the only senior in the rotation. "It'd be big for the freshmen to be able to play in the tournament. That'll help them as far as their career here. That'd be good for them."

Despite being in the top five in St, John's history in assists, steals and 3s, Lawrence - starting his 103rd straight game - hasn't thought about his legacy at the school, but does talk of mentoring the seven freshman, eight including redshirt freshman Rob Thomas.

That class may be hitting the freshman wall collectively, with the best of the lot slumping the most. The 6-8, 235-pound Justin Burrell averaged 12.2 points on 44.7-percent shooting through the Providence win, but just 5.5 on 19.2 percent in the four-game skid since.

"We don't have time to be tired. You've got to fight, find a way through it," Norm Roberts said. "He could be a little fatigued. Plus teams are guarding him. When you're a good player, teams respect you and set out to make sure you can't do what you want.

"That's part of the learning process. The only way to [get] out of not playing as well as you like is to play your way out of it, be aggressive."

**i thought geno wanted to make the big dance this year..
**norm's quotes are well norm's quotes.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
Can someone post the link to watch game online they had it for the rutgeers game i don't get espn u.

kjd01067

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 04:09:21 PM »
Can someone post the link to watch game online they had it for the rutgeers game i don't get espn u.

channelsurfing.net is the site the games are usually on but i dont think this one is being shown because its an EspnU game and not a Fullcourt game.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 04:16:10 PM »
This game's gonna hurt.  Competitive for about 10 minutes through sheer force of will (I'm not sure which ten minutes those will be) and then a behind the barn beating.  And yet I watch. 

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »
I looked at channelsurfing.net and didn't see the game on there.... so I'm asking anyone out there how do we watch this game?

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 04:56:10 PM »
it's on ESPNU at 9

kjd01067

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 05:01:06 PM »
I think JJ was saying where can he watch it online !  I have been looking online for awhile now Dave I havent found a site.  I am lucky cause I am home for the week and my dad just upgraded to digital cable so we get espnu now.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
What channel on opt. out on the island, i get classic and some others i would up grade if it was worth it.