WVU game

• 17 replies
WVU game
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:36:17 PM »
...may decide if we get into the BET or not.  How about putting our "disappointment" aside and coming out to support the team.  A relatively full and noisy MSG would be a great way to end our season--win or lose.  If nothing else, the kids deserve it.

Randomhero423

Re: WVU game
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:48:57 PM »
huggins will destroy us and make a mockery with our team.   he's going to try and impress NYC recruits like crazy.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
Does that mean you won't be there?

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
unless i get free tix probably not. 

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 08:44:09 PM »
huggins will destroy us and make a mockery with our team.   he's going to try and impress NYC recruits like crazy.

Their motivation will be trying to get into the NCAA tourney not to impress recruits.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »
...may decide if we get into the BET or not.  How about putting our "disappointment" aside and coming out to support the team.  A relatively full and noisy MSG would be a great way to end our season--win or lose.  If nothing else, the kids deserve it.

Good post...I've been a fan since birth...I'm not going to stop watching.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:39 PM »

Their motivation will be trying to get into the NCAA tourney not to impress recruits.

obviously.  my point is though they'll already be up by like 15 points with 5:00 to go and huggins will make it ugly instead of calling off the dogs.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 08:57:39 PM »
this will definitely be a tough game, hopefully we come out fighting and play hard for forty minutes
We Not Me

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

i agree 110% with you...i feel like the team has shown some improvement the last few games, even in the losses, and while i know everyone is upset norm is returning, its done and over with, so not attending that game will not send a message to get rid of him after the season is over...everyone show up and get a decent turnout and make it an actual home court advantage!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
huggins will destroy us and make a mockery with our team.   he's going to try and impress NYC recruits like crazy.

obviously.  my point is though they'll already be up by like 15 points with 5:00 to go and huggins will make it ugly instead of calling off the dogs.

What has WVU done to make you even think this? They don't have any dominating players nor do they have a lot of size. They are a solid group of players who play well together and play smart no doubt but they've also gotten embarrassed a few times this year. I'm not saying we are as good of a team as them but there is no reason we can't beat them either especially if the prize is there for the taking for us. What has Huggins done? He openly admitted he wasn't even instilling an offense for this team and was just letting them go out on the floor and play.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
they beat marquette by 15, syracuse by 20, south florida by 17, rutgers by 18, seton hall by 21, and providence by 27.

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »
they lost to ND by 13, Cincinnati by 23, Villanova by 22....they are a good team but they aren't a dominant one.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 11:16:32 PM »
but they can be dominant. 

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

Than that statement could apply for any team in the country.

Teams A,B,C

A beats B
B beats C
C beats A

We've seen this scenario play out so many times this season that any team can beat any team on any given night.

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »

Teams A,B,C

A beats B
B beats C
C beats A

We've seen this scenario play out so many times this season that any team can beat any team on any given night.

so you really think stj would be able to blow out the teams i listed?? 

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »

Teams A,B,C

A beats B
B beats C
C beats A

so you really think stj would be able to blow out the teams i listed?? 

No nor does it have any relevance to the outcome of the upcoming game. Tomorrow is a new day for every team in America and every game starts 0-0 on the scoreboard.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 12:55:06 AM »
huggins will destroy us and make a mockery with our team.   he's going to try and impress NYC recruits like crazy.

What has WVU done to make you even think this? They don't have any dominating players nor do they have a lot of size. They are a solid group of players who play well together and play smart no doubt but they've also gotten embarrassed a few times this year. I'm not saying we are as good of a team as them but there is no reason we can't beat them either especially if the prize is there for the taking for us. What has Huggins done? He openly admitted he wasn't even instilling an offense for this team and was just letting them go out on the floor and play.
By prize, you mean making the Big East Tournament.
Huggins has brought defense, physicality, and toughness to a finesse program.
His team is in the top 30 in both offensve and defensive efficiency.
In contrast, St. John's is 230 in offensive efficiency and 52 in defensive efficiency.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 01:14:22 AM »
I'm not comparing the two teams...WVU is a better team....can we beat them?....sure its possible.

You are correct by prize I mean BET. Realistically at this point in the season that is our only attainable prize so why not strive for it.