Lavin Interview on WFAN Tomorrow at 4pm with Francessa

• 17 replies

boo3

Lavin Interview on WFAN Tomorrow at 4pm with Francessa
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
  His first one on one interview since surgery.  Let's hope Mike lets him answer a question or two.

pmg911

Re: Lavin Interview on WFAN Tomorrow at 4pm with Francessa
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
doubtful, we should take a poll to see how many players on the team that Fatsdo actually knows their name.

I say he screws up at least 3 names...

Moose

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:44:02 AM »
And now we know why he's on Francesa today.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:16:40 AM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 09:34:14 AM »
Is anyone familiar with this recovery? What's the time range?

redslope

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »

i had the same surgery done by the same surgeon who is great.  Coach should only find a point guard with as good a set of hands.  while I am older than Coach, my full recovery took about three months but I was not running around to games, recruiting, etc.  I started with a gradual exercise program about a month after operation.  Unlike Coach, I could work from home which I started about 6 weeks after operation and was back in office after 3 months.  Others I know who had the same operation and "rushed" it in their activities had problems with their recovery; mine went smoothly.  I am glad he is slowing down for a while; it will pay off in the long run.  He had a great surgeon and full recovery should be a definite.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »

i had the same surgery done by the same surgeon who is great.  Coach should only find a point guard with as good a set of hands.  while I am older than Coach, my full recovery took about three months but I was not running around to games, recruiting, etc.  I started with a gradual exercise program about a month after operation.  Unlike Coach, I could work from home which I started about 6 weeks after operation and was back in office after 3 months.  Others I know who had the same operation and "rushed" it in their activities had problems with their recovery; mine went smoothly.  I am glad he is slowing down for a while; it will pay off in the long run.  He had a great surgeon and full recovery should be a definite.

Do we get the inside scoop on this website or what?  Thanks RS.  I'm glad you've made a full recovery.

jayro

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
Thanks redslope for the info on recovery time.  Puts me more at ease that coach Lavin will be fine-just needs time.  I had been concerned something was not right with Lavin since he missed games after he had returned-didn't realize the recovery time was so long.
Best wishes coach -on a smooth and total recovery.

SJU85

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:33:39 PM »

Do we get the inside scoop on this website or what?  Thanks RS.  I'm glad you've made a full recovery.
Ditto

boo3

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »
  Fatcessa actually did a decent job.  Probably has something to do with the fact that he doesn't know anything about SJU hoops, so he can pontificate.

Bottom line-  no timetable for Lavin's return.  Could be longer than everyone thinks ( season?).   This is going to be a season , like most rational people already knew, where the youngsters will get a boat load of experience and can't be judged by wins and loses.  Coach didn't say this, but was the impression i got.  Future is bright, and Lavin will still be working hard on the recruiting trail.

He couldn't speak of the Rise 3.

dR3w

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
  Fatcessa actually did a decent job.  Probably has something to do with the fact that he doesn't know anything about SJU hoops, so he can pontificate.

Bottom line-  no timetable for Lavin's return.  Could be longer than everyone thinks ( season?).   This is going to be a season , like most rational people already knew, where the youngsters will get a boat load of experience and can't be judged by wins and loses.  Coach didn't say this, but was the impression i got.  Future is bright, and Lavin will still be working hard on the recruiting trail.

So do I take from this that even though he might not be coaching games, he will still be out recruiting?

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 06:18:23 PM »

So do I take from this that even though he might not be coaching games, he will still be out recruiting?
My impression was yes.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

boo3

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
dR3w-  yes. Won't effect his recruiting.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:48:52 PM »
DId they talk about the new Big East?

With this type of surgery, why wasnt it done right away?

Moose

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »
DId they talk about the new Big East?

With this type of surgery, why wasnt it done right away?

As he discussed doctors felt they could take a wait and see approach.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
  Interview kinda puts all the petty bitching and moaning about stupid stuff in perspective.   This is not your average year for Lavin, the staff, and the players. Not to mention all the players are newcomers to college basketball and the big east.

We should enjoy watching these kids grow and develop this year, with or without Lavin on the bench, and we should certainly support them no matter what the record ends up being. Sure, their will be some beatings along the way.  These kids will be that much better 2 years from now as a result.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:54:40 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »
Was interesting to hear about the difficulties of running a competitive and effective practice with only 7 true scholarship athletes.

That's a negative aspect of it I hadn't considered.